Tayte Pears

You have to be able to have a loose man. I don’t really know why some don’t accept it, but we need to get better at using ours when we have one. And I think Pears is the one. He just needs to have a bit more polish, that’s coming back IMHO.

Pears replaces Fletch.

As the man who sets up play from defence? I hope not. Fletch is given less responsibility in terms of checking an opponent because it affords him the opportunity to exploit the range and accuracy of his kicking and to zone off as third man up in marking contests. Do you think Pears 'replaces' Fletch in this regard? If anyone does, it is Hibberd.

Dempsey isn't bad at setting things up from defence either. Kinda agree with where you are going Dill but still think Pears offers something.

We have 2 half backs who are both superb distributors. No role there for tayte. Third tall if and when fletch retires is about his option I reckon.

I can tell you that St Kilda arent interested in a trade for Pears. I work with one of their scouts and he had the job of watching him last week. Seems they rated him even less than we do.