Team possibilities IF back 6 is all out

gross

3 Likes

Post reported

4 Likes

why is everyone leaving Francis out?

OUT: Saad, Hooker, Hurley, Ridley, Redman, McKenna, Merrett, Stringer, McGrath
IN: Gleeson, Ambrose, BZT, Hibberd, Laverde, Andrew Phillips, D Clarke, Stewart, Begley

Backs: Aaron Francis, BZT, Patrick Ambrose
Half-backs: David Zaharakis, Martin Gleeson, Tom Cutler
Centre: Kyle Langford, Mitch Hibberd, Brayden Ham
Half-forwards: Devon Smith, James Stewart, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
Forwards : Will Snelling, Shaun McKernan, Jacob Townsend
Followers: Tom Bellchambers, Dylan Shiel, Darcy Parish
Interchange: Jayden Laverde, Josh Begley, Andrew Phillips, Dylan Clarke

Are you putting McGrath in the backline just to keep his stats up?
The best way to protect a weakened backline is to put the ball in our forward line.
You’d be better plonking Clarke or Hibberd in the back pocket where they’ll be less exposed.

1 Like

Huh? Why would they be out?

1 Like

Fantasia should be good to go, right?

8 Likes

McG’s best position is BACK imo

He just impacts the game so much

zaka in a back pocket?

YIKES

Media have speculated that they’ll be out because there’s footage of them close to McKenna at training.

Will probably scrape through with just back the six missing but not with Stringer,McGrath and the like to miss

LOL

They have added 3 of our best players onto the pile because it’s a better story. I’d be inclined to disregard.

3 Likes

I’d consider McGrath in that scenario. Just for the cool head. Otherwise Ambo is the only defender with more than like 50? games.

To go somewhat glass half full for a moment, assuming it is just the mooted backline missing: we bat quite deep in defence at the moment. If Ambrose, Francis and BZT are all available, we have enough key position / height to cover Carlton. We would likely have to chuck Pidge back there and perhaps play Zaharakis of a HBF (he has played from serviceable games there). That’s enough to Fark Carlton and it would be almost as sweet at 2016.

2 Likes

Gleeson probably too, he hasn’t been training with the main defensive unit

2 Likes

I think the paper named him as training with McKenna.

Can Laverde and or Langford play play back? Would bring Phillips in rotating with TBC forward

I’m actually psyched to watch a backline of AA full back Ben Rutten, AA back pocket John Worsfold, plus Joe Daniher in a wheelchair for the other four positions.

10 Likes

lachie Hunter played for norf on the weekend scratch match (lol)

give us some players who are not picked next week

1 Like