Team possibilities IF back 6 is all out

If things still look iffy with the Essendon players, we could be playing with a third of our team from the VFL that’s if we have enough players, who are o.k. No one knows how this is going to pan out.

Couple of weeks without our usual backline ought to sort us out for 2020.

Campbell on Triple M said he hoped a common sense approach would be taken and the AFL would allow Essendon to make up the Melbourne and Carlton game during the season rather than forcing them to field an uncompetitive side.

1 Like

If they try and manipulate a situation so that only 6 or 8 have to isolate just so we can play with a depleted team, then the AFL is fked.

Split this week’s round over 2 weeks, we play Carlton Saturday week.

Risks to the competition are minimised. Integrity of the competition isn’t compromised.

Then split a round later in the season so that teams who are missing games can catch up by playing both weekend.

There will be more, so another split round just makes sense as a risk management decision. AFL has their head in the sand if they think there isn’t a risk that there will be more.

2 Likes

There will be no top-ups. Apart from the practical side of things, the AFL has agreed with State governments to isolate the players/training locations from scummy VFL types.

1 Like

It is not about us. But; it brings it down to them and us.

The AFL and its duty of care to itself, it doesn’t stretch far and it is not elastic nor, is Gillon, who is looking more haggard by the day. The AFL will find the easiest and quickest solution for them and remember; the games being televised, are the AFL’S nest egg.

I hope Connor has support from the club and elsewhere and he doesn’t read some of the horrible rubbish on social media.

B: Henry Slattery, Robert Stevenson, Jarrod Atkinson
HB: Dylan Van Unen, Austin Lucy, Paul Thomas

1 Like

{insert Ashby F-off gif here}

4 Likes

The club should push to rescheduling the Carlton game. unfair that the club is forced to play with a dozen of its best players in iso also it puts Carlton at risk of catching covid if the game goes ahead.

1 Like

You make that sound like a bad thing.

10 Likes

In that case send them all down to AFL House.

That team would go close to beating Carlton

You forgot to include the number of spanners in a sydchrome tool kit

2 Likes

Me. I’d be more than willing to cop a suspension for whacking a FC player as well.

Also, if it weren’t for the stupid 6-6-6 rule I’d be advocating a 12 man forward line.
It would be Sheedy-esque

Because they are football players. Not body builders.
Their energy is best spent on the footy field. Their gym sessions in season are concise. 1hr.

Try hards in the gym on the other hand are wasting their time with 4 different bench variations and 3 different bicep curls variations, then 3 different tricep variations and then the ab machine and facebook and talking ■■■■ and perving at girls… I could go on.

2 Likes

Bring Muscles back in as a top up.

1 Like

Apparently the AFL advised clubs not to comprise their 8 man clusters with all players from one of the 3 lines.
Certainly there is wisdom inthe AFLs recommendation, but we chose to go with grouping by line, and by ignoring that advice, we lay ourselves open to this horror scenario.

1 Like

Better than Clarke

That’s one of the things that I’m annoyed about. The groups were considered contingencies in case a player got infected, and we ■■■■■■ up and put all our eggs into the one basket.

That being said, the small group apparently isn’t the concern because they social distances and McKenna was by himself. It’s the large group training.

Nearly every team has done the same thing.

yep. not the only ones. Richmond and Melbourne among the others. Might be some shuffling of groups moving forward I’d suggest as clubs look to protect themselves from this sort of situation.

1 Like