Team vs Carlton Round 20

I’m pretty sure the guys would love to play finals…finishing 7th last year proved pretty promising…not beyond hope if we win this week!

And unfortunately lacks skill or any impact on any of the games he’s played.

Jane Bunn just said its going to be rooly noice day tommozz. Love a sunny day at the EmCeeGee.

■■■■ finals, I want a good side, not some bog average group who essington it up a predictable times.

Our best players this year have, apart from Hurley and Zaka all been under 24. If we had persisted with growing this crop we probably would have been in the same postition on the ladder with a promising 2018 to look forward to.

Now I have to sit through another half season of kids finding their feet at afl level in 2018 all so watson, Goddard, Howlett and Kelly could have had another experience of being belted finals R1 before they go.

We have played a short sighted season and its becoming frustrating.

6 Likes

People are still having spasms over the Brisbane loss. I think they’ll remember if we lose tomorrow.

Spot On…we are too conservative…out goes risk…worsfold is too predictable…I hope he changes this method.

Some people have no memory at all of how important it was for these guys to re-sign after the media touted the ‘mass exodus’ from Essendon week after week. It meant everything for them to sign back up- this is not only their season, it’s our best 22 at the moment when we have a chance to play finals. They deserve it - we should support them.

10 Likes

I disagree

1 Like

The medical report must have changed since Monday…

Wow, what a bunch of negative ■■■■■■■ nancies we have supporting the club. Tried to read through the thread but got to about post 55 and realised that it was just a self flagellating, orgiastic whinge fest. How about you all grow a ■■■■■■■ spine and harden the ■■■■ up.

Fark you and Fark Carlton.

20 Likes

You’ve forgotten the Saga.
To win a flag you’ve got to reestablish a club
Loyalty and trust are as important as playing the kids, which is pointless if they think they’ll be discarded on a whim, but if they do the hard yards they’ll be backed in.
If we’re still picking the same side next year we’re f’ed.
This year is as much about establishing a platform to win flags as anything else.
It’s not as if others have been irresistibly banging the door down in the twos.

And by the way that’s where I’m most critical of our club structure this year - the set up and development at that level has fallen short re the younger players.

2 Likes

No doubt you had us guaranteed making finals before the opening stanza.

1 Like

9 Likes

I know you must be 7th just ask the doggies, may as well give up now even though its still possible to make the finials. We should be playing kids, even if they are not best available. Would be fantastic to just say fark it and play the kids now. We dont want to look like Buckley “the horror” Doesn’t matter now we are shot, we might make the finials but even if we did we are no chance for a flag. We need to either tank to the bottom and go full rebuild or finish top 4.

These types of pessimistic attitudes will take the club a long way. Glad you blokes are not running the club.

1 Like

Yep - the pessimistic around here are truly pathetic.

2 Likes

Good point.
I actually went back this week to try and find the prediction threads from pre season.
Couldn’t do so.
But I do seem to remember only a very few happily deluded souls had us top four.
Less than half had us playing finals.
A vocal majority / maybe 40 percent ( they posted repeatedly) said outside the eight or worse.

So I wonder if those decrying our whole season could also back it up by quoting a post of their own predicting sixth or better?
And we’ve therefore underperformed.

Kudos if you can.
Otherwise faaawk Carlton.

1 Like

We gotta keep on thinking Mean Machine.
Respect the umpires not the opponents.
Bring the attitude and fire from the 1st get go.
Be at the fall of the ball.
Playing in their forward line rewards them too many opportunities. Limit the handballs.
Kicking goals wins games. I’m confident we will kick ■■■!

Yes I am.

1 Like

But you still have the opportunity to play finals by finishing 8th. And who knows maybe we move up the ladder because a different clubs falls from their own saga.

People should be more positive, because being positive on the internetz means that you are tough, and being negative means that you are weak.