Team Vs The Adelaide Sloane's

Hartley out is the weirdest call.

Especially against Adelaides forward line.

I expect match ups will be

Hurley - Jenkins
Ambrose - Walker
Dea - Lynch
Gleeson - McGovern

2 Likes

Lots of farking sook posts. Get behind the players selected.

60 Likes

Leuny has performed well against Jacobs in the past

Not sure why people are worried about Dea, he inevitably gives us his all and adds intercept marking

8 Likes

This!

Definitely an inverse relationship between the Blitz Gloomer Index and how well we play.

4 Likes

Apart from howlett for bird, I like the changes

3 Likes

Enough of this rubbish Aceman!

It’s have.

Bird must have rooted Woosha’s missus!

40 Likes

McGovern is strong but he is only 191cm, Gleeson and or Dea are decent match ups and will probably rotate on Lynch and Mcgovern. Ambrose on Tex and Hurley on Jenkins (which for me is the biggest headache).

Matchups are fine in defence

McGovern is only 191cm, Dea will have no issues on him. Gleeson can take Lynch as quicker.

Ambrose will shut Walker down.

Then it’s Jenkins on Hurley. Jenkins often doesn’t do that much pack crashing/lead up work like a genuine tall, gets a lot of footy at ground level. Looks for cheapies out the back. I’m not worried about Hurls on him at all.

McGrath has and will do the job on Betts again.

…

All of this is irrelevant if we lose the battle in midfield and too much footy goes down there.

11 Likes

It’s a forum where people give their opinions. Therefore I think yours is the sook post.

1 Like

Ambrose will get Tex.

The one week they shouldn’t of dropped Hartley they did.

If Adelaide’s midfield gets on top (which is almost a certainty) we are screwed.

Our midfield gets dominated, our midfield stays the same.

Rinse and repeat all season

sigh

Nobody can possibly tell me that Myers or Howlett offer the team more than Bird

Legit feel sorry for Bird, hope another team picks him up when the season is done

4 Likes

I’ve not been a fan of Hartley’s work this year, but yeah strange week to drop him. That said, if Hurley really is AA level expecting him to take a key forward really shouldn’t be seen as lunacy.

Hartley has his weaknesses but not sure this was the week to drop him

LAV is, must mean the coaches really rate him, but after a complete week off not sure that’s the best option
Unless we need to throw Hooker back and he plays FF like he did when he was in the seconds

Howlett lucky, would have fathered Bird to add that defensive grunt

Stuart back

It’s an Essendon supporter forum. Be good to see some positive comments about the team.

8 Likes

It’s not a positive comments forum. Just a forum. Also, negative about 1 player tends to mean positive about another when it comes to team selection.

Would it not have been easier to just write “forfeit”?

I hope we win.

3 Likes

UMPIRES: Jeff Dalgleish (7), Nathan Williamson (22), Troy Pannell (28), Emergency: Justin Schmitt (17)

1 Like

Think you’ve nailed it.
The Crows can be exposed as too tall and lumbering up forward if we can pressure their delivery / intercept mark
Wouldn’t have dropped Harts myself but at least I think there’s a plan to run and gun at Etihad from the backline.

4 Likes