Terrorist attack, Christchurch NZ

Reputable MSM citing NZ Police Chief re sole perpetrator.

Iā€™m gonna be that guy.
Iā€™m not bringing into question the bravery of first responders at all, butā€¦
At some point someone is going to bring up the time involved.
It didnā€™t seem, excuse my clumsy words here, so bad, when it was thought it was more than one gunman and a co-ordinated attack.
I know the conspirators will.

Well, you tend to put limits/bans on things once they become a problem. Up until now, in NZ, guns have not been.

2 Likes

But again, with all that has been going on in the world and the issues raised by two separate investigations, you would think they would actually make an effort before it became an issue? As I said, the way of the world is to wait until the horse has bolted to close the gate.

this is like your point of ā€˜not only the catholic church has pedosā€™ point.

ummm what?

1. I would actually.
    They would think it would be reasonably unlikely to be a problem in NZ.

2. You are forgetting to allow for human nature.

Iā€™m with you IT. Itā€™s a responsibility of governments to re-inforce the dam wall before it breaks, rather than waiting for the whole damn town to be flooded. Unfortunately though modern politics simply doesnā€™t work that way.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t sound like total sitting-on-hands to me.

2 Likes

It also shows how ridiculous is the level of power the gun lobby seems to have in our world.

1 Like

Tomorrow my best friend, my wife ( a Muslim) and l will go to a local mosque to pay our respects for those who died in NZ, and as a show of solidarity against the forces of evil.

14 Likes

What?

According to Jacinta Ardern, the time between the first report to police and the arrest of the gunman was 36 minutes. Is that what youā€™re talking about? I donā€™t understand your post. I donā€™t know if anyone else does.

You think 36 minutes is an acceptable time to respond to gunshots?
Like, a whooooole lot of gunshots?
Itā€™s not that difficult to understand.
Guy was going nuts in one mosque for how long(?) and walked back to his car to get the shotty.

I read it a few times, couldnā€™t work it out, but assumed it was the normal insane police bashing stuff that some know-it-alls like to trot out every time thereā€™s a tragedy.

Yeah.
I just hate cops.

Iā€™ve told you not to respond to my posts before.

Oop, too late! Assumption confirmed

You could also show some self control and not respond to people you donā€™t want responding to youā€¦

Mine arenā€™t assumptions, but they too are confirmed.
You really, really have a problem.

From first gunshot to arrest in 36 minutes is an pretty good result in a terrorism scenario. I donā€™t think this, because I donā€™t know anything, but thatā€™s what all the research and analysis on terrorist incidents concludes.

Let alone in a country thatā€™s never had an incident even approaching this before.

Let alone in an incident where the perpetrator wasnt known to police, nor under surveillance, and especially where he basically left no one alive at the first site to call 000.

The fact that anyone would see fit to criticise police for their response to this incident, based solely on a laymans idea of ā€œthey shoulda done betterā€ is not really surprising (given everyone loves being an expert in police matters) but still extremely disturbing to me none the same.

They did a fabulous job to subdue him, let alone the job they did to take him alive.

1 Like

Six minutes after commencing the first attack he was back in his car and on the road.

Iā€™d say at that point police had probably already ā€œrespondedā€ but had no idea where or who he was .

2 Likes