Tesla just changed everything

We have a friend with a Tesla Model X cost them over $200,000. It is a very nice car and the build quality seems good and it is so quiet. Not as good as Mrs Fox Lexus but still good.

The guy who owns it reckons he can get 600 km on a charge as well. He also has a V8 Mustang that cost about $120,000 and has very poor build quality, and has a fantastic engine roar, and exciting exhaust rumble.

Elon Musk is currently in a twitter fight with his partner’s mother cos he’s been spouting Mens Rights Activism stuff all over the place a fortnight after his kid was born.

I suspect this guy is going increasingly off the rails, tbh.

2 Likes

Starting to feel that way eh?

Almost like he’s travelling steadily down the Howard Hughes Highway.

2 Likes

I’ve said this in here before but a mate from uni worked for Tesla very very briefly (essentially the job, conditions & hours he signed for was not the job/conditions/hours he was doing).

He treated all the visa workers like absolute ■■■■.

His impression was he was a complete psychopath, bullshit artist and fraud.
Would wander through the factory “disrupting” people doing their jobs to scream at them.

2 Likes

We have a close friend who has two of her kids workng for Tesla.

Their report is that the pay is lousy (for SF) and that they work long hours and conditions are poor. But they both love working there and adore Mr Musk, and find the whole experience exciting and inspiring.

1 Like

Is there anyone who is part of the working class people paid decent wages in the US?

1 Like

Are they Americans or on a Visa?

Aussies with that special E-3 work visa that only we get.

Hope that’s not the same type of Rocket that almost launched with 4 People on board the other day…?? :no_mouth:

Nope, says so in the article

2 Likes

Nope. This was a static test. Wasn’t meant to go boom though.

2 Likes

Anyone else getting up early tomorrow morning?
Bit of lightning around and looking like only a 50/50 chance of going ahead unfortunately :pensive:

No.

SF pay is much better than Sydney or Melbourne as a function of house prices… At least for engineers.

I saw one of the space shuttle launches from Cape Canaveral. I was working on a Cruise ship and it was the same time as sail away. The Captain pulled around as close to the cape as possible and we had front row seats.
When you see it that close, it is absolutely amazing how fast the shuttle disappeared into space. Geez it was fast and loud.

3 Likes

Was certainly worth getting up for. Just something magical about space launches for me.

4 Likes

1962 spacesuits

2001 spacesuits

Elon Musk spacesuits

Lol. The Musk ones look like a couple of fat guys from a cheap cartoon.

3 Likes

Bond villain henchmen.

1 Like