Thanking Bomber Thompson

Look, I kind of agree. I don't know about on the fan side of things...I honestly don't think that will help.

But with Harvey and Lloyd and Sheedy back…it sort of reinforces the idea that we have to look after our own. The club does need to repair its relationship with him.
It’s not good to have a Bartlett situation going on for a decade or two.

And when the stubborn old bugger says no, the club has to try again three months later.
And three months later.
And three months later.

Pretty much agree with all of that.

It’s the club itself - not the fans - who need to mend this bridge. And it does need to be mended, although it doesn’t have to be done publicly. Bomba will have to meet the club at least some of the way though, and I bet that’s the problem at the moment.

I’m sh*tscared the crazy fark is gonna do something super bitter, like coach Carlton. (Wouldn’t that suit Carlton, getting a bitter former coach of the enemy whose sole motivation for coaching them seems to be spite?)

I’m a big fan of Bomba in every regard, and this situation upsets me somewhat. I hope it gets sorted, quickly.

Or, everyone buy a coke, shake it up and let it go!

RUOK Bomber?

He might be bitter for legitimate reasons or illegitimate reasons, the reality is that I have no idea and none of you here have any idea either.

However what we do know is that held the club together through some of its darkest days. He took a coaching job with an end date, something most coaches would never do. He publically supported Hird and the rest of the club and he walked away at the end of it quietly (relatively), when he probably had lots of reasons to ■■■■■ and moan. The club owes him for that.

It doesn’t matter why he’s upset, the club needs to fix it, and fast.

He’s a bit weird and he always has been and he probably always will be.
Regardless, it sucks that he’s cracked it.

The week of the B&F both Bomber and Hirdy were shafted by the Board. Hirdy must have been sacked and told not to attend and Bomber must have been asked to do another 12 months as head coach and made the speech to everyone there. When the board found out they had no grounds to sack Hirdy they left Bomber with massive egg on his face and no where to go. They even tried to invent a position for him. No wonder he’s ■■■■■■ of with the club. With Harvey and Sheeds back in roles for the club theres no room for Bomber and the club are never going to take the blame and make a public apology. Bad vibes for years to come.

The fans don’t have an issue with Bomber, and I doubt he has an issue with the fans. Same with the players.

There’s probably friction between him and some people in charge of the club at the moment, but it’s not up to the fans to do anything about that.

I’m sure the club would love to have every player at that reunion “back at the club in some capacity” but the fact is we only need x amount of employees and there’s only one head coach role at the club and it’s Hird’s.

Bomber largely put himself into the position he finds himself in. Yes he helped out the club, but it was he who seemingly couldnt come to grips with relinquishing the job.

If the board treated him poorly, I dont think its the supporters place to grovel.

We have enough on our plate this season without needing to try and make Bomber happy.

Is that true, or was it the board who led him to believe he would be coach?

You say that like the EFC manipulated him into thinking he would be coach.

Chances are the board thought Hird wouldnt be able to coach for whatever reason and told Bomber theres a good chance the jobll be yours.

Do you reckon they also told him to blow his load at the BnF? How could he possibly accept a lesser role after so publicly throwing Hird under the bus? the EFC gave him information and he, in retrospect, acted like a complete juvenile with it.

Im sorry but its his fault and his fault alone. Then the whole not being contactable for 3 weeks, by his own admission. Yeah, like that isnt going to ■■■■ the club off and make other clubs weary of your commitment.

Like I said, a more reasoned person in Bombas shoes wouldnt undercut (for all intents and purposes) the senior coach like he did, ■■■■ off to Mexico and be uncontactable, and then feel aggrieved when things dont go your way later on.

Pretty sick if his carry on to be honest. There I said it!
One minute x next minute y.
He really should stick by what he says.

Wasn’t invited. Oh hang yes I was but I had something better on. Typical of bomber since he left Geelong… Aka I don’t ever want to coach again.

Don’t get me wrong loved Bomber as a player and thankful for what he has done at our club.

Time will heal all ailments (except KB at Ninthmond).

He probably has no intention of going back to the Cats either, as he left there in difficult circumstances, but no doubt will go back for the 10th, 20th & 30th anniversaries of 2007 & 2009.

He’ll be back at Bomberland in 2025 for the 40th

It’s not completely his fault the club said “we’re thinking of knifing Hird and you’ll probably end up with the job” and he took them on face value.
The board have at least half the blame in that.
It would take a pretty big person to completely knock them back and tell them they couldn’t possibly do it.

I wonder if we will ever find out what happened over those 48 hours when Hird went from sacked (according to Caro) to firmly supported coach.

Sheedy will be the one to work out the best solution.

I think it would be best if each ordinary supporter said thank you. I must admit I did that with a letter to Mathew Knights and felt better for having said thank you and good luck.

I have made sure to put him into issue 2 of the Jackie & Tiffany comic and I will make sure I send him a copy from Tiffany and me.

If only Bruce Francis could have another talk to him.

Bomber largely put himself into the position he finds himself in. Yes he helped out the club, but it was he who seemingly couldnt come to grips with relinquishing the job.

If the board treated him poorly, I dont think its the supporters place to grovel.

We have enough on our plate this season without needing to try and make Bomber happy.

Chances are the board thought Hird wouldnt be able to coach for whatever reason and told Bomber theres a good chance the jobll be yours.

Do you reckon they also told him to blow his load at the BnF? How could he possibly accept a lesser role after so publicly throwing Hird under the bus? the EFC gave him information and he, in retrospect, acted like a complete juvenile with it.

Im sorry but its his fault and his fault alone. Then the whole not being contactable for 3 weeks, by his own admission. Yeah, like that isnt going to ■■■■ the club off and make other clubs weary of your commitment.

Like I said, a more reasoned person in Bombas shoes wouldnt undercut (for all intents and purposes) the senior coach like he did, ■■■■ off to Mexico and be uncontactable, and then feel aggrieved when things dont go your way later on.

This is utter bollocks!

It’s so ■■■■■■ obvious that Paul Little told him before the Crichton that the job was his, as Hirdy was going to be sacked (hence Hirdy not fronting up to the Crichton), that naturally his first thought is to throw his hat into the ring.

Acting like a juvenile & being his fault alone, what a load of ■■■■■!

To be honest, he’s come across like a bit of a c*ck lately

TOO MUCH CHARLES IN CHARGE

This is utter bollocks!

It’s so ■■■■■■ obvious that Paul Little told him before the Crichton that the job was his, as Hirdy was going to be sacked (hence Hirdy not fronting up to the Crichton), that naturally his first thought is to throw his hat into the ring.

Acting like a juvenile & being his fault alone, what a load of ■■■■■!

I thought that what he said at the B&F was in pretty bad taste, regardless of what Little or anyone else at the club had said to him.

To be honest, he's come across like a bit of a c*ck lately

He has.

And everytime he pots the club or provides the media with more anti-EFC cannon fodder whether deliberately or otherwise I am further convinced that we have ended up with the best possible outcome for the future.