Thanking Bomber Thompson

Furthermore he’s already alienating friends in the media. You’d have thought Caro might take his side if he was becoming anti-Essendon but on Footy Classified the whole desk was mocking his antics, combined with Robbo/Gerard the other night giving it to him I think he’ll be out of friends very quickly should he continue down this path.

Open Mike on Monday night may enlighten us.

Maybe a Bomber Thompson Blitz cycling jersey??

I just hope he doesn’t say anything in his one hour “Open Mike” special on Monday night to tip McDonut over the edge and launch an appeal by the Tuesday cut-off date.

Open Mike on Monday night may enlighten us.

Or, more likely just confuse everything more.

Massive salad roll platter.

I think it would be best if each ordinary supporter said thank you. I must admit I did that with a letter to Mathew Knights and felt better for having said thank you and good luck.

I have made sure to put him into issue 2 of the Jackie & Tiffany comic and I will make sure I send him a copy from Tiffany and me.

Best suggestion so far, especially given that it looks like we won’t come to a consensus. So how do I write to Bomber?

Mark Bomba Thompson
c/- ???
??? VIC 3???

Anybody?

To be honest, he's come across like a bit of a c*ck lately
He has.

And everytime he pots the club or provides the media with more anti-EFC cannon fodder whether deliberately or otherwise I am further convinced that we have ended up with the best possible outcome for the future.

Sadly, have come to this same realisation. He held us together tremendously well last year (and should have all our respect for that) but just lately has come across as a loose cannon. Time to move on.

Bomba

c/- One o One Bay Street Cafe Port Melbourne

I think it would be best if each ordinary supporter said thank you. I must admit I did that with a letter to Mathew Knights and felt better for having said thank you and good luck.

I have made sure to put him into issue 2 of the Jackie & Tiffany comic and I will make sure I send him a copy from Tiffany and me.

Best suggestion so far, especially given that it looks like we won’t come to a consensus. So how do I write to Bomber?

Mark Bomba Thompson
c/- ???
??? VIC 3???

Anybody?

Closest Subway.

I’m sure his rolling around whatever property development he’s overseeing hoping for a flash mob.

Sheedy will be the one to work out the best solution.

I thought he and Sheeds did not like each other?

It's not completely his fault the club said "we're thinking of knifing Hird and you'll probably end up with the job" and he took them on face value. The board have at least half the blame in that. It would take a pretty big person to completely knock them back and tell them they couldn't possibly do it.

Not so sure about that.
And if you’re right…does that make Bomba ‘not a very big person’?

Mark Bomba Thompson
c/- ???
??? VIC 3???

Anybody?

101 Bay Street Port Melbourne. Hand deliver it and buy a coffee :slight_smile:

I've always loved Bomber but he has been sending out a lot of mixed messages in recent times.

He said he didn’t get invited to the 30 year reunion and yet we had Ryan McKee come on here and state that the invite was sent to Bomber two months prior to the event.

Then he said that he had something else on that he couldn’t miss (I’m not sure if he revealed what that was).

Watching the clip on the club site where they talked to the likes of Frankie Dunnell, Gary Foulds and Paul Salmon, it appeared that those guys wouldn’t have missed the reunion for anything…and yet Bomber did.

Maybe he has a problem with the administration of the club but (imo) it seems to me that he is making his stand in the wrong way.

He will never again get the opportunity to attend that 30 year reunion…that is something he may come to regret as the group ages and may not all make it to the next reunion.

So be upset/angry with the administration…but don’t take it out on his old team mates or the vast majority of the fans who still love/respect him.

I can understand him being bitter or angy at the administration, but as you point out I don’t think they are having another 30 year reunion or any sort of reunion again soon, so it wasn’t about anything other than catching up with old mates and allowing people to thank you and appreciate you for your playing days.

Whatever one believes about what happened I think he has a right to feel the way he probably does, and it will probably take a change of all the admin that was apart of the decision process.
Does anyone think Sheedy would have come back, if peter Jackson and the other guy from 07 were still around and running the club ?

I don’t imagine Thompson will want anything to do with the the club while the current admin is running things (maybe minus the 2 new guys that just joined). But ultimately as this poster points out, in this example Thompson has hurt no one but himself cos he’s lost an oppotunity that’ll he’ll never get again.

Respect that he ‘helped out’ last year, after watching Hird get ridiculed, bullied and suspended for something that everybody was a part of and he helped start… and then he ‘helped out’ by publicly announcing his decision about whether he was going to take Hird’s job at the B+F, and I appreciate all the ‘help’ he has given us in the media in the last month as he goes from media gig to media gig with conflicting stories and back handed pot shots…

The man left Geelong and made it bitter and spiteful until finally returning this year. I have no doubt that he will come back all smiles and roses when enough time has passed.

It is a shame because I would have liked for him to stay in the fold, but he made choices and it hasn’t worked out well for him. I imagine that he would have very much enjoyed the reunion and the win over Hawthorn… if only he had told whatever faction was egging him on to take the gig “no, Hird is coach and he needs to be welcomed back, I am not coming to the count unless Hird is invited, there and made to feel like a returning hero”

A bit of loyalty by bomba and we aren’t even having these discussions. End of story.

Mark Bomba Thompson
c/- ???
??? VIC 3???

Anybody?

Mark Thompson Mmmmmmmmmmmmmelbourne
Sheedy will be the one to work out the best solution.

Im sure he left Essendon to be norths reserves coach because he had enough of sheedy.

I think Bomber has been very well looked after by the club since 2011 from the outside looking in.

Station I think you are right .