The 12

Hocking retire - he is 28 FFS!

Seriously, anybody calling for Hocking to retire, be traded, or delisted has rocks in their head!

Watson and Stanton it’s entirely up the them, depending on the outcome of the appeal may effect Watsons decision. I think Stanton will play on, and the rest may do him good.

Hocking, Hooker, Hurley and Heppell, Hibbered should get whatever it takes thrown at them to keep them.

Myers and Colyer we should do our best to keep as well. But the west may come calling. I think they will stay.

Howlett, Pears and TBell won’t have any other option than to stay.

Yes Hocking is only 28 but had some niggling injuries and was slower to start with so not sure what 12 months off does.

Reason why we struggled big time last year in the middle was the lack of Hocking’s presence in there… but by the same token we have some really big bodies coming through like Laverde who may take that protector role.

Also the role of tagging appears to be changing and how does that affect Hocking etc etc. Lot of blokes who play that inside midfield role end up with battered bodies by 30.

None of those other inside mid guys get a season off to repair themselves. A repaired body, fresh mind and a point to prove Health Hocking is a scary prospect.

He is a leader, he is now a crafty veteren, he is a contested ball beast, he can be damaging when not tagging. Even talking of cutting Hocking is silly.

Agree any talking of cutting Hocking is silly. He gets 12 months off, to get rid of any niggling injuries, and will come back fitter and hungrier than Jack.

Seriously, anybody calling for Hocking to retire, be traded, or delisted has rocks in their head!

Watson and Stanton it’s entirely up the them, depending on the outcome of the appeal may effect Watsons decision. I think Stanton will play on, and the rest may do him good.

Hocking, Hooker, Hurley and Heppell, Hibbered should get whatever it takes thrown at them to keep them.

Myers and Colyer we should do our best to keep as well. But the west may come calling. I think they will stay.

Yes Hocking is only 28 but had some niggling injuries and was slower to start with so not sure what 12 months off does.

Reason why we struggled big time last year in the middle was the lack of Hocking’s presence in there… but by the same token we have some really big bodies coming through like Laverde who may take that protector role.

Also the role of tagging appears to be changing and how does that affect Hocking etc etc. Lot of blokes who play that inside midfield role end up with battered bodies by 30.

Niggling injuries? He missed everything from pre-season until the last 4 weeks. When he came back and instantly made us a much, much better side.

None of those other inside mid guys get a season off to repair themselves. A repaired body, fresh mind and a point to prove Health Hocking is a scary prospect.

He is a leader, he is now a crafty veteren, he is a contested ball beast, he can be damaging when not tagging. Even talking of cutting Hocking is silly.

Agree any talking of cutting Hocking is silly. He gets 12 months off, to get rid of any niggling injuries, and will come back fitter and hungrier than Jack.

who’s Jack?

Niggling injuries? He missed everything from pre-season until the last 4 weeks. When he came back and instantly made us a much, much better side.

I meant niggling in the sense that he had the first groin surgery… then the 2nd… then it flared up again and so on and so forth.

Wrong word choice.

Anyone who says Hooker is an absolutely must keep is a moron. We are nowhere near a flag and to have picks 1 and 2 (along with 5&6 this year) woud set us up for a generation

Anyone who says Hooker is an absolutely must keep is a moron. We are nowhere near a flag and to have picks 1 and 2 (along with 5&6 this year) woud set us up for a generation

I’m a moron cause i don know im a moron

I would be thrilled for all 12 to agree to play with us next year. That would be a wonderfully fantastic thing to happen despite all the crap that happens. I’d rather that than high draft picks.

A deluded moron … surely?

I would be thrilled for all 12 to agree to play with us next year. That would be a wonderfully fantastic thing to happen despite all the crap that happens. I'd rather that than high draft picks.

This is what it comes down to for me. ■■■■ strategy. I hope every single one of them is back at the club next year. That would make me very happy.

Of the 12, only 6 are not contracted for next year.

Why are we worried about the contracted players leaving?

Because the expectation is that if they want to leave, the AFLPA and AFL will make it allowable. And most of us don’t have an issue with that as long as we are compensated appropriately.

Because the expectation is that if they want to leave, the AFLPA and AFL will make it allowable. And most of us don't have an issue with that as long as we are compensated appropriately.

“Most of us”?

I must be in the minority, because I would be seriously ■■■■■■ off if they invoked that currently nonexistent clause.

That clause would result in zero compensation, so would be disqualified from the sentence I included “most of us” in. Can I ask - if any of the 12 (contracted or not) said “I’ve had enough, want to leave, but get the club a fair trade” - would you stand in their way?

That clause would result in zero compensation, so would be disqualified from the sentence I included "most of us" in. Can I ask - if any of the 12 (contracted or not) said "I've had enough, want to leave, but get the club a fair trade" - would you stand in their way?

The Carlisle scenario, I do appreciate and agree with. All the players deserve our support in those circumstances. It is the Ryder scenario which causes the most angst.

However I think we owe it to the 12 players to offer them a more than fair deal and genuinely encourage them to stay, while respecting them and their decision if they still want to go.

Saw Asterix – sorry, Colyer – at the Subways in Moonee Ponds.

Unlike Steinberg, that doesn’t mean he knew who I was, and I doubt he’s getting a senior game immediately afterwards.

Because the expectation is that if they want to leave, the AFLPA and AFL will make it allowable. And most of us don't have an issue with that as long as we are compensated appropriately.

If the players want to leave the club will facilitate a trade before any delisted Free Agent clause could be tested/invoked.

Yeah getting rid of heart and soul players has never gone badly for a club either
(Not to mention AA KP guys)