The 2014 Positivity Thread - Negitive posts instabanned

Haven't lost to Fark Carlton in 2 years

This.

When we’re on, its like in Mario Cart where we’ve got a Star. For a moment we burn on wrecking everything in our path and speeding ahead…then that power runs out.

Positives:

• Coyler went from being delisted by many, to now an essential part of the team with his speed and tenacity.
  • Carlisle finally found his forward position and it finally “clicked” for him on how to play up forward. A full 2015 ip forward in fine form awaits.
  • Daniher. Slowly getting better with every game. Just needs to add muscle.
  • Heppell. Maturing. Brownlow time soon.
  • Hurley and Hooker had career best seasons down back. As did Ryder.
  • Merrets were a find this year. Gleeson looks the goods.
  • Bellchambers will be back.

birth of my first grandson : EFC member since day 1

@B57

That's what I like to hear...

none of this he chose Hawthorne or Carlton bullshit because his friends or another family member barracked for them.

Bang....member ...one of us.

I like it.

congrats by the way mate.

When we're good we're farking fantastic. 

...yeah?

I reckon a real positive this year is we actually played about 3 good games. Lots of good quarters & patches but only really put it together against Carlton (1), Dreamtime and Collingwood (2). Rarely put in a wholly bad game either, again a positive.

We didn't get annihilated. 53 point loss to Freo and a 50 point loss to Sydney was as close as it came.

BAGS 

Front and back pages of both the biggest newspapers, practically on a daily basis, you can’t buy that sort of publicity other than signing Khunt and Israel.

@B57
That's what I like to hear...
none of this he chose Hawthorne or Carlton bullshit because his friends or another family member barracked for them.
Bang....member ...one of us.
I like it.
congrats by the way mate.

tks LW :-)

We didn't get annihilated. 53 point loss to Freo and a 50 point loss to Sydney was as close as it came.

There were reasons for both of those margins blowing out also.
The gastro bug before the Freo game.
The Sydney game we were royally screwed by the umps,and I don't even bother using that as an excuse 99% of the time.
Ounce of luck, and our worst margin for the year would have been 5-6 goals !

The future looks really good!

Our young/inexperienced players that got a chance (Jerrett, Gleeson, Ashby, Fantasia, Aylett, Kavanagh & Steinburg) all showed a bit when they played.

Other youngsters Zerrett, Ambrose & Daniher all solidified a spot in the starting team.

Young guys that didn't play this season that everyone was talking about in pre-season, Hams, Dagleish, Browne, Edwards & O'Brien will get a crack at breaking in if they work hard.

Our guys who are in the middle age bracket are stepping up.

Heppell became elite, Hooker was one of the best defenders in the comp, Myers showed us what he can be, Colyer provided consistancy to go with the pace we all knew he had, Ryder showed us he wanted it with passion & agression, Hurley proved he is the player we thought when we drafted him, for 2 or 3 weeks in a row Carlisle carried our team & looked like the most exciting forward in the AFL, Hibberd backed up from last year despite injuries, Baguley showed us he's a hard c**t that can always be relied on, Howlett & Hocking show consistancy & agressive tackling. 

Goddard & Chapman played at elite level & lead our team with their experience when Jobe couldn't. 

When Jobe was fit he was one of the best players in the comp, probably the best extractor going around.

Fletch & Licha showed us why we love them so much.

I could go on but.............LID OFF 2015!

It seems like most if not all players will be fully for

pre season. Maybe only Alex Browne at 80%?

Was pretty early - Feb ? Normally 6 months to start running, and ramp it up from there. Might be OK for pre-season, (Oct?) must admit I have not followed particularly closely.

Was pretty early - Feb ? Normally 6 months to start running, and ramp it up from there. Might be OK for pre-season, (Oct?) must admit I have not followed particularly closely.

Browne should be fine.  It's pretty much 9-10 months out of competitive footy for a standard ACL these days isn't it?  and his did his in Feb.  That makes it something like December, and at that time of year it'll mostly be fitness work anyway, rather than the match-play and direction change stuff that he'd have to be wary of if his rehab wasn't finished.  He shouldn't be held back at all I reckon.