The 2023 Draft Thread

It is looking like he might be the classic inside mid slider in this draft

1 Like

Interesting on Gettable when Harley Reid was asked whether he’s happy to travel he answered that families important to him - subtle little ‘I’d like to stay in Vic’.
If WC finish last I reckon pick 1 might be gettable.

Sorry if already discussed

3 Likes

I think trading for #1 with weagles will cost our 2 x 1st round picks + a good young player.
They’ll probably get better offers from hawks & maybe vossy might go all in for Harley.

I think it would take 2 firsts under or around 10 and a future 1st

We have 2 x firsts?

2023 + 2024 1st rounders

Hypothetical would you trade Nick Martin for pick #1 - Archie Reid?

I wouldn’t unless he wanted to go home to WA.

That’s a horrible thought albeit hypothetical.

Would prefer to keep Martin

I would trade Nick Martin for Harley Reid.
I’d throw in this years first.

With where West Coast’s list is at, I honestly think it’s a no brainer for them to trade the #1 pick. If the offers are in the realm of what’s been discussed.

If they can somehow get say three quality future players, including a couple of highly rated kids from WA (Dan Curtin, Mitch Edwards etc) then it makes sense for them.

Their list hasn’t even bottomed out yet and it needs an intense regeneration and an influx of good young players. Rather than your standard suite of picks (i.e. your natural 1st rounder, 2nd rounder 3rd rounder etc).

Especially if there is any doubt re: Harley Reid potentially heading home. If they weren’t so utterly dismal (some sides who finish last have been in far better shape than this) and they already had a decent cohort of young talent then I’d say back yourself in and take him. But in this case, they should use the leverage and get the best deal possible. Maybe 2 firsts this year and a future first.

1 Like

West coast likely win the spoon, with injuries and only facing North later in year, but % a lot worse.

The dream of REID is over for the Hawks.

1 Like

Here he is. Big Game Zane.

3 Likes

enter vozzo - surely someone at west coast owes him….

Colby McKercher playing for Tassie over the weekend.

You can set you watch to this kid. Most consistent player in the Talent League, keeps bringing it every week.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see if Colby falls down the order due to the Tassie team looming and likely to poach any Tassie product they can get their mitts on.

Albeit you may end up with some decent compensation depending on what the AFL comes up with.

1 Like

@THE_DON1 curious why there hasn’t been so much talk about Tom Beaumont, huge lump of a lad listed at 186cm and a whopping 93kgs!

Getting big numbers for tassie also averaging over a goal a game

A bit slow and his size has contributed to his numbers playing at the level.

2 Likes

Nate Caddy might land around our pick if we’re looking for another marking forward.

4 Likes

We might not be looking for another marking forward, but we should be, it is a glaring weakness on our list.

I really rate caddy, has that hard edge about him too.