The 2023 fix(ture) is in

Play Geelong 5 days after Anzac Day

Essendon shafted once again unbelievable really

1 Like

Having to play Geelong at GMHBA Stadium is worse than being given a death sentence. They must’ve requested it because for them, it’s like a training drill playing us.

1 Like

Geelong twice lols

The afl can get ■■■■■■

2 Likes

I’m of the belief that saying we have a hard or easy fixture in December is a nonsense. How often to teams form fluctuate between and during seasons? It’s futile saying either way.

That said, I’m interested in who we play, and where/when. We finally host West Caost for the first time in a while, and Port at the MCG for the first time in years.

5 Likes

At least we seem to be getting more mcg home games

We still play 8 games at the MCG, 4 home. Sick of ■■■■■■■ Marvel stadium, ■■■■ it off already

5 Likes

Vozzos first job when he’s ceo is to move us away from Marvel

3 Likes

Knowing our ■■■■ luck, we will be stuck there, even after the deal ends. Watch the AFL throw a ■■■■ heap of money at us to stay there, even though we don’t need it

That contract must be up for renewal soon. I quite like Marvel, I’d be okay with 7 MCG/ 4 Marvel.

It ends in 2025

1 Like

■■■■ me

We did finish bottom 4. There’s an incentive for the Club to fix itself.

We could play them 20 days after Anzac Day and the result would be the same.

13 Likes

The afl always preaches equalisation tho

9 news saying that the Carlton vs Essendon game on the Sunday night is the new “King’s birthday eve” game.

Freezing cold Sunday night at the G.

5 Likes

Blues by 35 in the ■■■■■■■ rain and Saad the snake will tear us apart. The joys of supporting this club

Collingwood have 5 interstate games including the Gather Round
Their double up games are
Geelong
Fark Carlton
Port
Brisbane
Essendon
Adelaide

Well said. I agree. Draws are always difficult, right?! ‘We’ talk about all those top 8 teams etc, not being open to fact next year those teams may tumble. Eg: Eagles 2022.

We’re bottom 4, all games are tough. Commercially it’s a poor fixture however the Club has been given what a poorly run club deserved.

Although, it should talk up that Kings Birthday Eve clash as a marquee event new to the footy calendar. That’s an opportunity for any half competent commercial team.

The Sunday arvo games are broadly good for families to take their kids (yes some of them at 3:20pm).

Tough middle stretch offset by an opportunity for fast start.

The rest as you say is up to us and the ups and downs thst remain unknown of our competitors.