The 2023 fix(ture) is in

EDIT: the full list is at the below post.

ROUND 1 FIXTURE

Thursday, March 16
Richmond v Carlton, MCG, 7.20pm AEDT
Friday, March 17
Geelong v Collingwood, MCG, 7.40pm AEDT

Saturday, March 18
North Melbourne v West Coast, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEDT
Port Adelaide v Brisbane, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACDT
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, MCG, 7.25pm AEDT
Gold Coast v Sydney, Metricon Stadium, 7.00pm AEST

Sunday, March 19
Greater Western Sydney v Adelaide, Giants Stadium, 1.10pm AEDT
Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG, 3.20pm AEDT
St Kilda v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEDT

2 Likes

Harley Reid Cup

5 Likes

Nice start, i’ll take that.

1 Like

Sunday arvo slots in Melbourne are where the garbage teams get sent so no real surprises that Hawthorn v Essendon have been relegated to that spot. Probably would’ve been at Marvel except for the AFL having to hide the Aints v Dockers game somewhere

3 Likes

Oh boy, Hawks will be up and about for this game.

They will be rubbish but will have their sights on us, fark we better win this one to open our account

2 Likes

Not so, although your comment on the quality of the teams is not in question. Late in the season (from rnd 19), the AFL started scheduling some big games realising Melbournians will turn out in big numbers

1 Like

If we don’t destroy Hawthorn in Rd 1 you can put a fork in us.

5 Likes

Gonna be a long year if we’re copping the sundy arvo from round 1, fark

When was the last time we had a home game for Round 1?

Usually people get a bit nervous 3 - 5 days before a game, not 3 - 5 months.

I don’t care about the Dawks, l hope they are up and about for this match, and pull out all the old tricks, like getting Dermie to try and fire them up in advance again, because it worked so well for them this year. They will stink up their season in R1, and l am already making plans to be there to see it happen.

5 Likes

Last year

Round 1 2020 vs Fremantle

1 Like

Not not on this occasion. Round 1 against Hawthorn was requested by Hawthorn in their fixture requests to commemorate their 1983 Premiership 40 year reunion. Their home game so never was to be at Marvel.

Only good thing apart from a winnable away game at the G in round 1 is likely home game in round 2, so avoiding the round 2 trip to Perth hopefully a reality. Although not a certainty!

Brisbane at the Gabba in Round 2, just wait and see :rofl:

2 Likes

I can’t believe people find a way to complain about an afternoon game in Melbourne against a traditional rival at the G.

27 Likes

Sunday twilight is the issue for me if I was planning on going.

2 Likes

Hawthorn vs Essendon 3:20pm Sunday

Lol gayafl this game should be friday night,saturday afternoon or Saturday night

It’s 13th Vs 15th from the previous season and probably similar finishing places for both next year.

It’s perfectly reasonable.

13 Likes

Ladder posistions mean fark all when to comes to rivals dont be surpised if this game becomes game of the round

2 Likes

Saturday afternoon or night maybe. But look at the Friday night game. They’re not putting Hawthorn v Essendon ahead of that

1 Like