The Adventures of Graeme Gilbert and the Nightly Quiz

So there's this radio station in Sydney called 2SM that attracts an audience of stuff-all up and down the NSW coast. The evening show (Talk Tonight) is hosted by a chap called Graeme Gilbert. Part of his show involves a phone-in quiz. Standard stuff, really.

Until one fateful night in 2006, when a group of friends (for reasons unknown) colluded to call in to the quiz and giving the same incorrect answer for every question, much to the chagrin of the host.

Shortly afterwards, a Myspace page was created to encourage others to listen to the show, call in to the quiz and continue the shenanigans. ABC's Media Watch picked up the story, which only led to more participants doing their best to send Graeme into madness.

This went every night for at least SIX YEARS, and for all I know could be continuing today.

Enjoy some samples.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcHR5YXkgL0[/media]

Surely the solution to this is to have a night where the answer to every question is India.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l7fS-rBJl0

I can't get enough of this.

I can't get enough of this.

Me too, so so funny.

Discovered this after it happened years ago. Still mentioned around our work.

INDIA.

YES. TOBY!

I love the picture of Graeme.

YES. TOBY!

I love how sooky they get.

just taking a dump on a chest HAHA

this is so freaking immature and ridiculous, but god dammit i love it. hilarious.  

gotta feel for the bloke though, how he doesn't lose his ■■■■ is beyond me.

Haha how long do you persevere with a ■■■■■■ quiz after it's pretty obvious it's not going anywhere?

"Stab in the dark Graham, INDIA!"

I like it how all the guys he just hangs up on but the girls he tries the 'friendly grandpa' approach.

You mean Shakira?

Also love the guy who introduces himself as Ron Burgundy.

And "let me GET MY MEGAPHONE INDIA"

And about halfway through... "you smell nice INDIA"

This is so old, but never gets old.

Came up in my Twitter feed today. Decided this was worth bumping.

3 Likes

Oh and this happened to him as well

3 Likes

And this

3 Likes

People like Carmen and Queeny on line and can hear that in their ears. AND ARE OFFENDED.

3 Likes

There’s more than just the India stuff?!?!

Mind. Blown. (with anticipation to listen to it)

EVEN KEITH MCGOWAN IS OFFENDED

2 Likes