The Beer Thread

Duvel glass lol!

1 Like

Picked up two of em about 15 years ago. The only beer glasses that my missus hasnā€™t managed to break. :laughing:

1 Like

I want to see photos of the lamb in the cooking thread!

4 Likes

Are you near Zushi? Yorocco Beer is killing it there. Iā€™ve never been but theyā€™ve got a place called Beach Muffin. Iā€™ve had Yorocco stuff over here, fantastic farmhouse ales.

1 Like

Sure am, Jez-san.

Zushi-shi is 100m from my joint. One of my main stomping grounds. Iā€™m smack bang on the border of Zushi/Kamakura/Yokohama.

Havenā€™t tried Yorocco Beer yet, but will definitely hunt it down now. Cheers.

1 Like

Yeah, it should be around. Itā€™s just a small operation, but really nice stuff. One day Iā€™ll definitely get out that way!

1 Like

The washitsu awaitsā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Report on this one? Interesting concept. Imagining fruity hop botanicals and creamy lactose?

Ripping beer. Good dose of bitterness at the end of the palate making for a nice refreshing beer although not the norm for the style. Ripping head on it, thick and smooth and soft mouthfeel.

5 Likes

Had a few of the Exit range and been suitably happy with the quality.

Still, if I want mass produced beer I canā€™t go past anything Czech, lager or Pils.

1 Like

At a charity lunch, havenā€™t had the same beer twice, as we work our way through the taps.

The Balter XPA is an absolute cracker.

2 Likes

Itā€™s their best beer by some margin. The rest of the range are pretty over rated.

3 Likes

Seen it mentioned in here, so gave it a try, itā€™s better than the Two Birds, Hawker & Czech pils Iā€™ve had.

Might have to break my rule and go back for a second.

I like Balter XPA, but agree the rest is a little ho hum.

Thereā€™s another brewery near them called ā€˜Black Hopsā€™. Doing great stuff.

Much better than Hawkers, Two Birds etc.

Yeah Black Hops do some great stuffā€¦ not so much on the socialsā€¦ although there are those that would say any publicity is good publicity.

1 Like

Vietnam war aside, this is a great story about having a beer with mates

I have been in Vietnam for over two weeks and drunk a lot of beer.

Larue is a very good drop and i am paying about $1 for a 500 ml bottle at the local bar, it is $3 at the hotel, but I have not checked what it costs to be a " slab" at the mini mart, must be very cheap.

Today is 29 deg and sunny, and just right for more Larue !

2 Likes

Asian beer is perfect for their climate. Even Bintang isnā€™t too bad. And the price is right, opiate if the masses.

Why didnā€™t you buy 6 calendars? That way every day you can drink a 6 pack?

Iā€™m tempted to go buy one now. Then i get to play catch up.

1 Like