The Beer Thread

Back on the Little Creatures Pale Ale., only cause it was on special.

Haha - nice work. Beer & thread!

Give this a crack - available at Dan Murphys. Very good.

2012-04-03-OldPeculierAle.jpg

Picked up two bottles of the new mountain goat cross breed. Haven't tried it yet but looking forward to it. Perhaps tomorrow arvo.

Also got a bottle of the Sierra Nevada seasonal beer "southern hemisphere harvest". Shared a bottle last Friday night and it was pretty good. Nice and hoppy.

Back on the Little Creatures Pale Ale., only cause it was on special.

I love it but even on special it is dear, ■■■■■■■ 65 and only gets down to around 59 when it is on special. Nice beer but. I've been on the fat yaks of late. Not a bad cheaper alternative to LC

Picked up two bottles of the new mountain goat cross breed. Haven't tried it yet but looking forward to it. Perhaps tomorrow arvo.
Also got a bottle of the Sierra Nevada seasonal beer "southern hemisphere harvest". Shared a bottle last Friday night and it was pretty good. Nice and hoppy.

Yeah sierra is noice beer aye

Any one tried a Tap King?

Not great value - probably more expensive than buying a carton but you can pour a beer straight from a “keg” in your fridge

It’s turning me into an alcoholic because I’m not over the novelty value of pouring your own beer!

I love it but even on special it is dear, ******* 65 and only gets down to around 59 when it is on special. Nice beer but. I've been on the fat yaks of late. Not a bad cheaper alternative to LC

yeah in  the colder months i try and alternate my ales between Coopers Sparkling, BB 28 Pale, LC and Fat Yak. Only get LC if on special. In the warmer months i usually stay on Coppers Pale Ale.

Not great value - probably more expensive than buying a carton but you can pour a beer straight from a "keg" in your fridge
It's turning me into an alcoholic because I'm not over the novelty value of pouring your own beer!

I was going to get one, also for the novelty factor, am i wasting my money?

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/rnfirstbite/fresh-brew-ancient-recipe/4892698

'There‘s a lot of disagreement about exactly what role bappir played in the [brewing] process,' says Paulette of the Sumerian sourdough-like ‘beer bread‘, used along with malted barley in recovered recipes. 'We know it was baked, but trying to figure out how you can bake a bread and have enough of the yeast survive to get a good fermentation going has been a lot of our experimentation focus.'

getting thirsty , i know an irish pub but does anyone know an egyptian pub ?

Stone N Wood recently made a batch of Egyptian beer using ancient recipe. ... tasted like ■■■■ they said

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/rnfirstbite/fresh-brew-ancient-recipe/4892698

'There‘s a lot of disagreement about exactly what role bappir played in the [brewing] process,' says Paulette of the Sumerian sourdough-like ‘beer bread‘, used along with malted barley in recovered recipes. 'We know it was baked, but trying to figure out how you can bake a bread and have enough of the yeast survive to get a good fermentation going has been a lot of our experimentation focus.'

Irish pubs are dangerous enough but imagine the fights in an Egyptian pub? Politics and religion anyone? Add alcohol and woooooshhhhh. Call the riot police.

Stone N Wood recently made a batch of Egyptian beer using ancient recipe. ... tasted like **** they said

I Wanted to buy some but my mummy wouldnt let me

Stone N Wood recently made a batch of Egyptian beer using ancient recipe. ... tasted like **** they said

Must have been bad if the company that produced it reckoned it was a dog

Not great value - probably more expensive than buying a carton but you can pour a beer straight from a "keg" in your fridge
It's turning me into an alcoholic because I'm not over the novelty value of pouring your own beer!

I was going to get one, also for the novelty factor, am i wasting my money?

My old man got one for a family thing at his joint. Was kind of cool for the novelty factor, but yeah, it's more expensive than slabs. 
They recommend you have it chilled/on ice for 6-8 hours prior to drinking also. 
The pouring mechanics were great. Had the James Squire Golden Ale and it was better tasting than a stubbie. 

i'm loving these at the moment. also fat yak on tap is nice.

james-squire-chancer-lashes.jpg

speaking of which, does anybody here brew their own beer?

I've recently bottled up about 70 stubbies of a cascade pale ale.

should be ready to sample in a few days or so :D

speaking of which, does anybody here brew their own beer?

I've recently bottled up about 70 stubbies of a cascade pale ale.

should be ready to sample in a few days or so :D

I used too, but haven't done any for years. Still have all the gear in the shed though.

Must have been bad if the company that produced it reckoned it was a dog

wasnt for sale just for ■■■■ n giggles..  ancient recipe doesnt mean it's any good. mainly bread in water left to ferment. yummo!

http://craftypint.com/beer/brewery/grifter-brewing-company/