The Best 22 thread

I must be the only one that would have a fit Cooney in my best 22.
Wouldn't be miles out of my side.

Rough on Dys.

Oops! right you are.

No disrespect to Jimmy Gwilt, but, people are smoking crack if they think Francis is gonna marinate in the back pocket in the VFL - Kid is ready to go round 1.

And if Gwilt stills get a game, we are a bottom 4 team

ah yes, this stupid logic again

Yepā€¦cause apparently Gwilt wasnā€™t part of grand final teams nor did he have a super solid and reliable 2015

Mark Harvey was part of a GF team, but he is past it as well.

ā€œsuper solid and reliable 2015ā€ - he only go ta game because a 40 years old bloke was injured and if Fletch had not retired, he would get a game before Gwilt now. The only place he was solid and reliable was in the VFL

putting francis forward and brown back as 3rd talls woudl be interesting. I wonder how many kids woosh wants to play. Are langford and laverde both going to be in early calculations. Is francis ahead of langford as a 3rd tall/mid option? interesting times.

with francis forward

bags hurls browne
hibb hooker gleeson

stanton watson hepp
berger hocking zerret

langford smack colyer
francis JD bird

BJ myers zaka fanta

frankly that side feels a little slow to me. COuld myers get squeezed out? Does BJ go back to a permanent back flank role

putting francis forward and brown back as 3rd talls woudl be interesting. I wonder how many kids woosh wants to play. Are langford and laverde both going to be in early calculations. Is francis ahead of langford as a 3rd tall/mid option? interesting times.

with francis forward

bags hurls browne
hibb hooker gleeson

stanton watson hepp
berger hocking zerret

langford smack colyer
francis JD bird

BJ myers zaka fanta

frankly that side feels a little slow to me. COuld myers get squeezed out? Does BJ go back to a permanent back flank role

Realistically Worsfoldā€™s likely to pick 2 rucks, to me thatā€™d suggest going slightly smaller forward:

Zaha SMack colyer
francis JD bird

And Berger in the ruck.

Donā€™t think we can carry two 6ā€™3" ish marking forwards (Francis & Langford) as well as Joe and a ruckman forward. Iā€™d lose Berger and play Smack, theyā€™re more likely to leaev out Langford/Francis (or start them back).

Maybe Myers out too for Lav, or someone like that. He looked pretty close to ready end of last year.

Hereā€™s a new rule. If someone puts forward a ā€˜Best 22ā€™ list that includes a kid who hasnā€™t even played against men let alone an AFL game, they should be suspended from everything for a minimum of 48 hours.

Blitz pls.

This thread is too early.

Youā€™ve never seen these kids you want to slot in.

You need to wait till after the Friday open training session before you can confirm the Best 22.

I saw Parish running for the busā€¦thatā€™s all the confirmation that I need

not necessarily best 22 but best for balancing development and being serious about performing in 2016.

B: Baguley, Hurley, Francis
HB: Hibberd, Hooker, Gleeson

C: Stanton, Heppell, Laverde
R: Leuenberger, Hocking, Z. Merrett

HF: Colyer, Smack Langford,
F: Watson, JD, Bird

Int: Myers, Goddard, Zaharakis, Fanta

Best 22 Depth Chart (ready to go):

Ruck: Tbell
Talls: Brown, hartley
medium talls: Gwilt, Pears, Ambrose
inside mid: howlett
outside mid/flankers: Parish, ā– ā– ā– ā– , dempsey, jmerret, mckenna, edwards, ashby, Kommer,

Developing: long, morgan, redman, Eades

got to get more games into langford, laverde and fanta, get games into francis and parish too (zaka on notice). Gleeson needs to earn that spot but i think he can. Cooney shouldnā€™t be considered unless he absolutely bashes the door down and is prepared to work his ā– ā– ā– ā–  off defensively inside forward 50.

stilll not sure on the right tall set up and that side might be one or two talls short but i like the extra run.

also NO SUB!!!

from a list build perspective with an eye to the rookie draft we clearly need another ruck, tall KP and an inside mid or two (wonder if they will rookie NOB or hams). Sadly tippa isnā€™t any of those things.

Donā€™t forget Melksham

No disrespect to Jimmy Gwilt, but, people are smoking crack if they think Francis is gonna marinate in the back pocket in the VFL - Kid is ready to go round 1.

And if Gwilt stills get a game, we are a bottom 4 team

ah yes, this stupid logic again

Yepā€¦cause apparently Gwilt wasnā€™t part of grand final teams nor did he have a super solid and reliable 2015

Mark Harvey was part of a GF team, but he is past it as well.

ā€œsuper solid and reliable 2015ā€ - he only go ta game because a 40 years old bloke was injured and if Fletch had not retired, he would get a game before Gwilt now. The only place he was solid and reliable was in the VFL

He didnā€™t put a foot wrong at AFL level, and for a DFA that cost nothing and was purely insurance what more would you ask for.

Here's a new rule. If someone puts forward a 'Best 22' list that includes a kid who hasn't even played against men let alone an AFL game, they should be suspended from everything for a minimum of 48 hours.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOest 22 can have anyone i damn well want in it.

This is mine:

B: Baguley Hurley Brown
HB: Gleeson Hooker Hibberd
C: Stanton Watson Fantasia
HF: Zerrett Smac Laverde
F: Colyer Daniher Langford
Foll: Tbell (fully fit and only just), Heppell, Hocking
Bench: Goddard, Edwards, Myers, Zaharakis (last man in)

Emergencies: Bird, Leuenberger (fully fit), Parish, Francis

The side has strong players, talls, and pace. Tbell and Leuey are a toss of a coin for me. Both talented and injury prone. Iā€™d start Tbell alternating with Smac.

Iā€™d be happy to see Dempsey Howlett, Cooney, Gwilt, Ambrose as purely backup players in the event of injuries and the other youngsters promoted on merit ahead of these types.

Hereā€™s my ā€œgoing in too tall 22ā€

B: Baguley Hartley Hurley
HB: Goddard Hooker Fantasia

C: Colyer Heppell Laverde
R: Berger Myers Zerrett

HF: Watson Browne Edwards
F: McKernan JoeDan Bird

Int: Langford Hocking Francis Stanton

This is mine:

B: Baguley Hurley Brown
HB: Gleeson Hooker Hibberd
C: Stanton Watson Fantasia
HF: Zerrett Smac Laverde
F: Colyer Daniher Langford
Foll: Tbell (fully fit and only just), Heppell, Hocking
Bench: Goddard, Edwards, Myers, Zaharakis (last man in)

Emergencies: Bird, Leuenberger (fully fit), Parish, Francis

The side has strong players, talls, and pace. Tbell and Leuey are a toss of a coin for me. Both talented and injury prone. Iā€™d start Tbell alternating with Smac.

Iā€™d be happy to see Dempsey Howlett, Cooney, Gwilt, Ambrose as purely backup players in the event of injuries and the other youngsters promoted on merit ahead of these types.

Like it a lot. Competitive but still with an eye to the future and development. Parish and Francis will get plenty of games throughout the course of the season. Iā€™d have Looneyburger ahead of Tbell as the guy to ruck approx 70% with Smack to ruck approx 30%.

F. Demps.Belly. Kommer
Jobe. JD. Laverde

C. Edwards.Hocking.Colyer

Francis.Hurls.   Goddard

B. Bags. Hooker. Hibberd

Foll. Leuy. Hepp. Zerrett

Bench. Smack. Bird. Myers. Langford

Locked Backs: Hurley, Hooker, Pig, Bags, Gleeson
Locked Mids/Smalls: Hepp, Watson, Stanton, Colyer, Zerrett, Myers, Goddard
Locked Forwards: JD
Rucks: Pick any 2 from Luey, TBC and Smack

So that is 15 spots taken. Leaves you with 7 positions out of:
Langford, Laverde, Hocking, Dempsey, Francis, Parish, Bird, Edwards, Fantasia, Brown, Jerrett, Zaka

Going to be a lot of unlucky lads this year as long as we donā€™t get smashed by injuries.

Zaka will want to do more than he has for the last three seasons, Myers needs to be fit and back to his best. This should be a finals team. We have played finals worthy footy for 2 of the last 3 years and we have rejuvenated the list with at least 6 quality youngsters over the past three years that look the goods.

The key to finals is the fact that ASADA is finally over and then it will be how quickly they can find the right forward combination and make it work and whether the ruck division can a) stay healthy and b) break even.

Either way, I think it is going to be really exciting watching the young guys grow togetherā€¦ we have some really special talent coming through.

B: Bags Hooker Gwilt
HB: Goddard Hurley Hibberd

C: Colyer Heppell Stanton
R: Smack Myers Watson

HF: Zerret Brown Laverde
F: Kommer Joe Fanta

Int: Looney Hocking Bird Howlett

I havenā€™t seen Parish or Francis play at all so i canā€™t include them

Here's a new rule. If someone puts forward a 'Best 22' list that includes a kid who hasn't even played against men let alone an AFL game, they should be suspended from everything for a minimum of 48 hours.

Parish, Eades, Brown, Hartley, Redman and Francis all played at least one game against senior VFL/SANFL opposition last year, so they all qualify!! And Morgan turns 20 next month, so heā€™s not exactly fresh out on kindergarten either. Besides, what if the people selecting them turn out to be right? Wouldnā€™t that make suspending them a wrong? There was a team a couple of years back who were suspended from playing finals, then got charged with an offence, then got a hearing. It still irks me to this day.

Based on their importance to team, the need for development and the assumption the 2 new high picks play, these are the essentials ā€¦ Hibberd, Watson, Stanton, Daniher, Zerrett, Goddard, Baguley, Hurley, Heppell, Myers, Hooker, Colyer, Laverde, Hocking, McKernan, Fantasia, Parish, Francis. Thatā€™s 18 so another 4 required with at least another 2 talls to be included.

full fwd: TIPPA TIPPA TIPPA
half fwd: TIPPA TIPPA TIPPA
centre: TIPPA TIPPA TIPPA
ruck: Nyuon TIPPA TIPPA
half back: TIPPA TIPPA TIPPA
full back: TIPPA TIPPA TIPPA

int: TIPPA TIPPA TIPPA TIPPA

Iā€™ve taken out my best 22, and these are the players that could line-up in the VFL. Demonstrates how really well balanced our list is after the trade / draft period.

B: Ashby Hartley Morgan
HB: Gleeson Pears Fantasia

C: Dempsey Laverde Jerrett
R: Bellchambers Parish Howlett

HF: Redman Langford Francis
F: Kommer Ambrose TIPPA

Int: Nyuon Eades Hams Long Wallis