The Best of the Least

correct only 155. got carried away there
still almost 3 x efc 6-17

Best coaches:

Caracella 100% win rate
Thompson 57%
O’Donnell 50%

I got enthused. Then I saw that Cupido made multiple teams and I thought “imagine being a team that was so bad that Damian Cupido is in the discussion for being in the best team from the last 20 years”

Then I got sad and gave up.

6 Likes

LEROY

3 Likes

Shane Harvey kicked four once, probably in the mix

1 Like

We would have won a flag if we had have shifted Sheedy and gotten Hardwick or Bomber in.

All those players you think are grim?

Bad coaching.

1 Like

Granted he probably hasn’t yet, but I don’t think it’s any stretch to see him go past Welsh, Hocking, McVeigh & even potentially Stanton.

I would expect Redders to go past a few.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have played 50 games for us.

For about half of his one good season he was nearly the most dangerous forward in the game.

1 Like

40 games I think
best year 39 goals at 1.7 avg
apart from that year didnt do much.

Fantasias best year 2017, was also 39 goals avg 2

1 Like

if hap does a team, mcgrath will be the rover

1 Like

I started scratching down the list of guys I thought were locks and it got to about 8 or 10, 12 at the very most. And after that it crashes off a cliff. Guys who were OK for a decade, guys who shone brightly for a year or 2 and disappeared.

Of course that’s likely because the first part of the 20 years was filled with guys hanging on from 2000, and the second half was destroyed by the AFL. The next lot don’t have enough time behind them yet.

B: Ben McNiece Sam Hunt Dyl Van Unen
HB: Alex Morgan Ariel Steinberg Lachie Dalgleish
C: Ben Haynes Marc Bullen Jason Ashby
HF: Tom Jok Andrew Lee Joel Reynolds
F: Ned Cahill John Williams Corey Dell’Olio
R: Tristan Cartledge Kobe Mutch Tom Hislop

Int: Shane Harvey, James Davies, Sam Grimley, Ty Zantuck

Ned Cahill lucky to make it as a forward.

7 Likes

Tyson Slattery a stiff omission. As is Paul Thomas.

I’d be starting Richard Cole

2 Likes

Selection pressure is always a good thing. Need to keep the boys fighting for spots.

2 Likes

Darren Walsh in for Ben McNiece for mine

2 Likes

There’s a lot of stiff omissions from that team.

I mean, I’d like to think Rhys Magin, Ken Hall and Dean ■■■■ would get a guernsey, but I can’t find a game for Ryan Bain, Matthew Firman, Danny Chartres, Kade Klemke or Christian Bock

1 Like

My only criteria was that they had to have played at least one AFL game so some of those boys weren’t eligible but yeah look I did overlook a few like Margin and Hall.

2 Likes

Ha. I though Van Unen never played a game…and I though Dean ■■■■ played 1…so I had no idea!

Can anyone verify that Ken Hall actually got off the bench in his singular game? Says he recorded no stats.