The Blitzlow - Season 2020 - congrats nackers!

I reckon there were a few signs of some Nino maturity creeping into his posts this year.

4 Likes

Come on, Iā€™m essentially like Cale Hooker now.

Sure, I had some good years, but nobody is really sure where I fit now, and Iā€™ve probably only got 6-7 games left in me anyway.

13 Likes

Iā€™m giving ā€˜underrated votes.ā€™

5 @Fairybread. Solid contributor, been around for ages, never gets the credit he deserves.

4 @Windy_Dill doesnā€™t post much now, soā€¦ Probably gets the appropriate credit, letā€™s be honest.

3 @ivan Blitzer of the year for like 5 years running, now we donā€™t even chuck him any votes? Itā€™s time. Itā€™s time to recognise Ivan again.

2 @redbull I hope this guy gets a crack on a senior list one day, loads of potential.

1 @westozziebomber Everyone thinks he is just a drunken yobbo with masterchef skills. And rightly so. But also, he knows his footy.

Special mention goes to the entire DJ King crew, even Crazy Bomber.

7 Likes

I love yous all.

Some more than othersā€¦

1 Like

Is that because youā€™ve heard stuff?:hushed:

1 Like

:rofl:

No, I just have something in my eye. Both of them.

3 Likes

Votes from me:

5 = @Glu and @Chris_1993 Iā€™ve learnt so much from you two - thank you!

3 = @bigallan yep, great discussions as always

2 = @swoodley for DJ king efforts especially the naming titles

1 = @Koala @Klawdy @theDJR (sorry couldnā€™t split these three) for services to VFL/W, player sponsorship and general banter

6 Likes

Leaving me out of it, all your list plus you and @Blummers32 for his persistence and stamina in working things out

4 Likes

@samwoods won the covid thread in the first half. Then he got on the beersā€¦

8 Likes

Blitz moment of the year surely has to be when the Zach Merrett thread became the Hot Chicks thread.

Did @Killer_Mike ever recover from that beautiful picture of Langford?

5 Likes

How u doin?!!! @Killer_Mike Merry Xmas

4 Likes

Iā€™m with SMJ, this year was one out of the box. It seems odd for the focus in a Bombers forum not to be on footy, but thatā€™s the way it played out for some of us. Too many deserving people will miss out, but here goes:

5 = @Hoffy - Only @theDJR knows how much she was asked to take on, and she gives tirelessly in here
4 = @Blummers32 - Took the batton from SamWoods excellent stat keeping, and added in-depth analysis and discussion around it
3 = @SMJ - Did his duty in adding to the Bomber army this year with a brand new baby Bomber of his own in an incredibly tough year for it, and still had time to contribute and support others. Iā€™m not sure how much work he got done
2 = @Chris_1993 @Albert_Thurgood @Eastie_Boi1 for always answering questions and adding specific knowledge in their areas of expertise
1 = @Klawdy for his compassion, considered thought, and mosty kind words

Uncle Chop gets the Agoraphobia Award for most frequent use of STFAH!, and earns bonus points for being the most frequent poster in the COVID threads.

Honorable mentions to @Koala for using BBQ sauce on everything, including bolognaise, and to @em2009 for chasing off anyone who teased her about it.

Thanks to the many more that werenā€™t mentioned above, but make this a great place to be.

10 Likes

Just want to say I appreciate each and everyone of you. Been part of this for over 17yrs. Thank you.

And, Merry Christmas!!!

15 Likes

5 = @Glu
4 = @Chris_1993
3 = @Hoffy
2 = @choppsuey
1 = @DonMania

The first 4 votes are related to the covid thread. Really helped communicate what was going on locally and around the world.
DonMania. Again, helpful insight into the American shitshow.
Apologies to @bigallan. Deserved to be somewhere in there. Heā€™s left, but heā€™s not as left as BF.
Not sure what happened in the AFL this season. I lost track of what happened after we left Victoria. I think we finished in the top 4ā€¦

6 Likes

Cough *she cough.

5 Likes

Not enough love for @Bomb_Doe in thread.

Is consistently the funniest and most creative poster here.

8 Likes

Heā€™s the best. Goes without saying!

2 Likes

In great company there. Thank you.

He also abandoned us for years