The contractually-obligated game day thread vs Crows (2020 round 8)

Oh very well.

Go nuts.

7 Likes

SUNDAY FOOTBALL!!! What a way to spend the day :slight_smile:

Throw on your scarf, get around the boys and enjoy the win my friends!!!

GO DONS!!! :slight_smile:

36 Likes

WE’RE GONNA WIN.

8 Likes

It’s my birthday, TBC is back in the side, we’re playing 18th on the ladder, my god it’s a perfect Essington storm

20 Likes

@carrotsalad has risen!

12 Likes

I dunno, Mr Carrot.
I feel like your appearance usually portends something bad.

1 Like

In carrotsalad we trust.

4 Likes

I’m conflicted because I always thought you don’t win friends with salad.

2 Likes

Wow, DJR gave in quicker than a Karen at a road block.

1 Like

Who cares about winning friends?

I just wanna win games.

6 Likes

Essendon is the diner that is served gazpacho and demands the chef heat it properly.

3 Likes

Big test of character, resolve and mentality more than anything today. Up against a winless team who will be up for the contest. Can we match them for enthusiasm? Can we start the game well and not give the Crows a foothold in the match? We’ve all been a bit perturbed by the team selection, which has been covered in other threads. Now it’s about action. I’m hoping that we can get the job done in reasonably convincing fashion, but in the past we have struggled to put bad teams away and have also lost games against such opponents. A slip-up today, even an unconvincing victory, will raise those questions once more. Fingers crossed we aren’t rehashing another calamity against a poor side once the full time siren sounds!

4 Likes

Dons by 74.

12 Likes

Fine! If we’re contracted, then all Blitzers need to contribute to the thread, here is my one required post.

“I’m here so I won’t get fined banned”

4 Likes

Good that adelaide’s midfield is quite short like ours.

Bont, mccrae et al were too big and strong around the contest

WHERE TF have you been ?
We’ve been worried sick :grimacing:

20 Likes

We’ll win by enough to make the optimists optimistic but not by enough to stop the pessimists being pessimistic. So somewhere between 1 and 120 points.

10 Likes

Adelaide by 48 points.

Plenty of learnings.

One change for next weeks game: Gleeson for Raz.

2 Likes

Any changes announced?

In - Carrotsalad
Out - Losing

12 Likes