The Cricket Thread. RIP Phil Hughes

So now two batsmen have decided to leave balls pitching close to the stumps and the first went bowled, second a bottom edge.  If Clarke and Rogers cannot see this off we will be in all sorts of trouble.

If we do not find an answer to our top order it is going to be a long time before we can even look like winning a test match.

Here comes the collapse.

Khawaja gone as well attempting to withdraw the bat and just catching the toe.

2/12. Really need Bucky and Clarke to steady the innings, otherwise we may not last the day…

Geez I hate England.  Yesterday the pitch was a road and our bowlers had to work extremely hard to get the reward, today the conditions have changed and now assist the Pommy bowlers.  Classic.

Hahaha, nice waste of a review England/Broad, that was always pitching outside leg.

Poms crying again.

Haha and another one wasted.

Interesting few deliveries there. England unsuccessfully using a DRS appeal on an lbw shout against Rogers, then 2 balls later Rogers given out caught behind, reviewed, clearly didn’t hit it, then they had a look at the lbw and it showed just clipping, but given the appeal was for caught behind that didn’t count so not out. What I don’t understand is how when it is clear the caught behind was wrong how they can also look at the lbw when that wasn’t part of the original decision…

This is not complcated you twit commentators. It was not out caught and it was not out LBW because the ball wasn’t really hitting the stumps and the ump had not given it out. It is NOT confusing.

Michael holding must have graduated from the same brown nose academy that mark Nicholas did.

Very tough batting conditions there this morning.

“Cgris Rogers had a bit of luck with the review system” states Strauss. Ahh no, he was NOT OUT, there was NO LUCK involved.

Listening to Strauss commentate reminds me why I have always thought he was the biggest twit in the game.

Clarke, Rogers and Smith have been the best performed batsmen so far. So much depends on these next two partnerships. C’mon boys.

These two are surviving by the skin of their teeth. Tough batting conditions.

Well there goes the test

Looks like we brought the bait and rods with us too.

Well there goes the test

Not quite yet.

Terrible shot from Clarke, just starting to establish the innings too.

Clarke is a 5. Fkg leave him there… Over the side being shuffled cos Watson is useless

Smith looks very comfy out there, got to 17 with a lovely cover drive. 3/75, Rogers 41*