The Cricket Thread. RIP Phil Hughes

I am still pretty confident. That was a very tough session. Broad bowled very well. 2 for 80ish would have almost been par I reckon. Clarks dismissal was very disappointing, the other two were a millimetre ether way almost stiff. So Clarke aside that wasn't too bad. We need a good partnership now, say upwards of 70ish and we are back on track to slightly ahead as this ball wears. The next 2 sessions will be possibly as good for batting as this wicket will be, so we just have to stay out there.

Clarke is a 5. Fkg leave him there.. Over the side being shuffled cos Watson is useless

Regardless of where he bats in the order, that wicket was a terrible shot. 

Absolutely no footwork whatsoever and then just slashing and hoping. Pretty disappointing from someone who is meant to have the best foot work in the team. 

Clarke has played the same way for the last 3 years. He’s always come in and been willing to drive on the up with minimal footwork, occassionally its gonna backfire. He’s not a defensively “tight” batsman.

Regardless of what happens this innings, Smith is underrated.

Regardless of what happens this innings, Smith is underrated.

I don't reckon. I think is career is now tracking along what Steve Waugh did. He has future captain written all over him.

Not quite yet.

What about now?

Warnie should’ve kept quiet

What about now?

Not yet, still got haddin and Watson to go. Need a minimum 100partnership now from these 2 or I might concede.

Watson getting dumped from opener will sting after his carry on a few months ago. Might sharpen up his focus a bit.

Freakin Warne.

■■■■ it, all the reasons that made winning the toss and batting a tough choice on day 1 have surfaced for day 2 instead!

**** it, all the reasons that made winning the toss and batting a tough choice on day 1 have surfaced for day 2 instead!

■■■■ it, sunny nearly all day yesterday, overcast all day today. Farking arsey Kents.

Lol, there’s no subtlety to Watson’s batting at all, is there?

Lol, there's no subtlety to Watson's batting at all, is there?

He's gone from bowling all rounder to batting all rounder, to non bowling opener back to bowling all rounder. He looking like a bloke who is seeing his cricketing life flash before his eyes right now.
His bowling has been quite good this series. I think boof annointed him as an all rounder again to take some pressure off him.
I would be quite happy for him to be a solid all rounder again.

The fact that I know the names of England’s substitute fielders means they are coming on way too much.

Gees, when was the last era we had only one batsman in our top 7 averaging over 38?   The WSC years when Yallop was captain?  And England are still struggling to beat us... so far they have really only got away in the second test.

Lol, there's no subtlety to Watson's batting at all, is there?

Not really, but that is who he has always been.
Rogers is showing every other Australian batsmen how to be a test opener.  Pity we have no young guys there to learn.

Does mike Atherton still carry dirt in his pocket for a bit of ball tampering when the opportunity arises?

Got to love what Rogers has brought to this line up.

Grit.

He is absolutely grinding out an innings here.

Why do TV commentators always tell us the score at the end of the over?  We are watching it and the score is on the screen. :huh: