The Cricket Thread. RIP Phil Hughes

Got to love what Rogers has brought to this line up.

Grit.

He is absolutely grinding out an innings here.

X2. Good on him.. Just need a quality 6 to bat with the tail & the others to come on..

Half way there with only 4 down.  If we can make it to their score with only 8 down we will have done extremely well.

Half way there with only 4 down. If we can make it to their score with only 8 down we will have done extremely well.

I'm a lot more optimistic than that.

I'm a lot more optimistic than that.

:P  I'm in a pessimistic mood today. :lol:

Really enjoying this innings now (was hating on the team before).

Rogers is batting very well for the amount of swing which is happening and Watson is slowly increasing in confidence.

PS. Love the new forum, it's awesome!

:P I'm in a pessimistic mood today. :lol:

I know, this is a piece of ■■■■ compared to the dramas of Essendon.

Watson is in the 30's - Must nearly be time for him to be dismissed.

I really want to go to sleep. I wonder how long it will take Rogers to get to 100..

Possibly the whole session :o

Well done watto.

Rogers ton. Marvellous!!!

Rogers ton. Marvellous!!!

Yep. One of the best fighting innings I have seen by an Aussie in the last ten years. Pitch was a minefield today, after looking like a road yesterday.

This is great news! Now to build a lead. We will win this game with a lead of a 100

I like the Rogers' DRS call...Allan Border was saying that Hawkeye showed the ball clipping the stumps. He just said that was crap, it was going nowhere near the stumps. I've seen Hawkeye missing or hitting on tons of occasions where I'd say the opposite was happening. I simply don't believe in it.

Good on Rogers. Should have been in the team since Katich was given the ■■■■. Now if he can just stay on Clarke’s good side he should have a couple of years of prosperous cricket in front of him.

If you count wade as a keeper, I think rogers just made the first ton by a non-Michael-clarke batsman of still current Australian players in about 5 years? It’s been Clarke and hussey for way too long. Maybe I’ve forgotten a hundred somewhere.

Go Hugh Rimington.

If you count wade as a keeper, I think rogers just made the first ton by a non-Michael-clarke batsman of still current Australian players in about 5 years? It's been Clarke and hussey for way too long. Maybe I've forgotten a hundred somewhere.

I am convinced khuwaja will soon follow.

Yep. One of the best fighting innings I have seen by an Aussie in the last ten years. Pitch was a minefield today, after looking like a road yesterday.

Didn't get to watch much last night. Was the pitch that bad or was it conditions suited to swing. If it's either or a bit of both it's a good show to be 5 down just about to take a lead. It's was hard watching the team play so crap in the first two while also knowing the Poms have generally had the best of the conditions.

That's 7 consecutive days of cricket now we've outplayed them for. That should be enought to earn you a win somewhere along the line. Pity about the rain a few days ago.

If you count wade as a keeper, I think rogers just made the first ton by a non-Michael-clarke batsman of still current Australian players in about 5 years? It's been Clarke and hussey for way too long. Maybe I've forgotten a hundred somewhere.

No wonder Warner is so angry, he's scored three Test centuries since his debut at the end of 2011 and you don't remember any of them. Watson also got one in each of 2009 and 2010, and Haddin also got one in 2010 but he's a keeper.

Edit: Looking up the squad Cowan got a century last year and Hughes has three from '09 to '10. Hussey had ten from '09 onwards, more than all those other batsmen combined, and Clarke has fifteen.

Essendon get smashed and aussies are dominating FML!!