The EFC Board

we clearly need to resurrect luciano pavarotti so he can sway peoples opinions with his spine tingling voice.

Or furio.

I agree we need someone like Charlie Pickering on The Project, who is a Bombers supporter. He has the gift of the gab and personality, has a sense of humour, can easily create repour, can handle the media and most of all, is a good all round model of the importance of the EFC and what that means.
We desperately need some good PR.

That bloke is a huge wanker. No way.

Would just be making it more of a circus. 

Can I ask how there was a leak to Wilson if what she said just didn't eventuate?

Or have I missed something by having to work all day.

I agree we need someone like Charlie Pickering on The Project, who is a Bombers supporter. He has the gift of the gab and personality, has a sense of humour, can easily create repour, can handle the media and most of all, is a good all round model of the importance of the EFC and what that means.
We desperately need some good PR.

That bloke is a huge wanker. No way.
Would just be making it more of a circus.
Why not hire Mick Gatto to keep ' bumping into' Barrett, Wilson etc.
He could make 'suggestions' on balanced journalism.

Can I ask how there was a leak to Wilson if what she said just didn't eventuate?

Or have I missed something by having to work all day.

The Board chickened out today, perhaps

Maybe the chairman shouldn't do the speeches, but we appoint someone with charisma to be vice chairman and he does it.

Instead of speeches just have a TV playing Highlights of James Hird's career.

Maybe the board are actually making sure they consider the issue properly before knee jerk reacting like Adelaide and GC?

Little is doing a friggin great job under pretty tough circumstances, people saying we need to spill the board because they haven’t told you what they are going to do before they have don’t are being silly.

Maybe the board are actually making sure they consider the issue properly before knee jerk reacting like Adelaide and GC?
Little is doing a friggin great job under pretty tough circumstances, people saying we need to spill the board because they haven't told you what they are going to do before they have don't are being silly.

Maybe the Earth is flat.....

If the sentiment here is typical of EFC members, any new Board would not be sacking James Hird!

Little is doing a friggin great job under pretty tough circumstances, people saying we need to spill the board because they haven't told you what they are going to do before they have don't are being silly.

Considered the issue before deciding?
They've had 18 months and still haven't decided what to do re: a coach.
Very considered.

Little is obviously a very ruthless man in private business but he and the board are quickly becoming afl puppets.
They have done a complete 360.
yes mr Fitzpatrick, yes mr Gilligan.

Money is the root of all evil.

Ain't a saying for nothin'.

Little is obviously a very ruthless man in private business but he and the board are quickly becoming afl puppets.
They have done a complete 360.
yes mr Fitzpatrick, yes mr Gilligan.

Money is the root of all evil.
Ain't a saying for nothin'.

It's biblical. And it's "the love of money is the root of all evil."
I had to go to a Christian school...

I don't quite understand the Little-bashers. 

Little took over an extraordinary situation and was (in my opinion) lead to down the garden path by the former CEO of ASADA and the AFL that the players would not face any sanctions. Clearly that changed when Ben McDevitt was appointed CEO for ASADA and when Demetriou left. I would think that Little extended Hird's contract on the belief nothing further would come of the ASADA issue. Clearly that also changed when ASADA issued the players with SCN's. Little has done a mighty job under the circumstances. A new board would come in and most likely sack Hird, drive Thompson out the club and instil a fresh-look coaching panel. At least now, if Hird does end up being terminated, we have a chance of snagging Bomber Thompson. That quite clearly is a good thing. 
Little and the Board have a few more issues to consider other than just "sacking Hird." The three issues that I believe the Board would need to consider: 

1. If Hird is terminated and his appeal is successful, he would have pretty strong grounds to claim wrongful dismissal and given his intent to clear his name and reputation - I would suspect that's something that he would consider; 

2. If Hird isn't terminated and he loses his appeal, the Board would have egg on their face and run the risk of losing Mark Thompson to the Gold Coast because clearly he wants to be a Senior Coach and a decision from the Full Bench isn't usually delivered on the day, meaning Gold Coast could easily lure Bomber to the Gold Coast; 

3. If Hird is terminated, what is the payout going to look like. Hird has already had a million dollars paid for him throughout his suspension, which was the right move at the time when you think of the environment at the time - there was very little reports on it and a lot of confidence from the AFL and Essendon that players would not be issued with SCN. 

I feel quite comfortable with the Club taking a considered approach and that Paul Little is Chairman. 

I do feel like Essendon is becoming a circus.

I do feel like EVERYONE has made mistakes.

But friends, I promise, over throwing a board will burry this club deeper than it is.

Maybe the chairman shouldn't do the speeches, but we appoint someone with charisma to be vice chairman and he does it.

Instead of speeches just have a TV playing Highlights of James Hird's career.

the night would go too long , no one has that much stamina

But friends, I promise, over throwing a board will burry this club deeper than it is.

+1

It's pretty simple really.

The board are now conforming (conceding) to the AFL executive  irrespective of the truth now.

Hird pursuing the truth to the bitter end.

What is of greater detriment to the club,right  now, is debatable, and is dividing the supporter base..

To its long term future, who knows what this uncertainty will bring.

The only thing we do know, is that James Hirds non appearance and non mention at the BnF is a clear indication that the club and Hird must temporarily part.

That much IS certain.

The issue is clearly that no one knows what anyone is doing, so no one can understand why decisions were made and for what purposes.

We don't know why EFC won't appeal.

We don't know what ASADA have against the players.

We don't know what Hird's strategy is.

We don't know!

I want answers to the above. If not, i'm only guessing and that can't be a good thing.

+1
How worse can we really get?
We just witnessed a club ignore the existence of a club legend who happens to still be coaching the club next season. This was at our own function where we were in control of the message to be said.
I acknowledge people do make mistakes. But are we learning from them?
We signed Knights to a long term extension then sacked him a year later. Same thing appears to be occurring now with Hird.
We caved in to 'the deal' last year in the hope of a quick solution on the saga. Same thing appears to be occurring again now.
This Board has not had an easy task, but it seriously needs to begin getting the message it wants into the public rhelm. Make it clear and unequivocal. Not open ended (as we have since Hird came back from France) and open to interpretation.

IN MY OPINION. IMO and just to remind you I know NOTHING about the internal workings of our club…

We need to CONSIDER the following:

• Launch a serious PR campaign, subtle, I.e players being happy at the club. Open the doors to certain media outlets (similar to North). Let’s get the ‘enemy’ on our side… “We really aren’t that bad come hang out with us :)”
  • Work with the AFL to get through this and restore the faith in them, us and the entire competition.
  • Identify a better way to media deflect/combat ‘rumors’… This doesn’t mean responding to everyone. Potentially open communication with the fans. Either WE leak it OR IT DOESNT LEAVE THE BOARD ROOM.
  • Control our staff. Including my idol Hird and any players. Everyone tows the company line. This does not mean we start sacking people. We must trouble shoot the current issues. Including my idol bomber whose speech gave the media a bit more fuel to go at us with.
  • Remind everyone that we ACCEPT FAULT in exploring gray areas. However we do not accept GUILT of CHEATING USING DRUGS.

Now… Enough opinion… And you can take this as a fact (thanks purple)… We need to stand united. We need to work together. Sacking, board spilling, rumor spreading, snide remarks… Will help NO ONE.

anyway this is just my 2 cents. Hope no one is offended :slight_smile: