The EFC Board

I don’t usually start topics but think we should have one separate from the ASAGA and Bomber Thompson threads.

I am annoyed at their performance over the last six years as most people would be here. I see a petition for an EGM has been formed (whoever posted it, please post it in here for reference).

I was wondering, what happens at an EGM and what options do we have should we not have confidence in the current board and their future endeavours.

I don’t want this thread to become a slagging of the current board, so please try to be a bit positive. I want this thread to be more of a ‘what are our options’ kind of thread.

I’ll add more to this discussion later on in the day (morning where I am).

Little made the decision to extend James Hird by 2 years. If he turns around and sacks him he has cost the club plenty with a combination of poor decisions. He was also a senior member of the board that has pleaded guilty to governance issues. With his current CV at EFC he would surely have to fall on his sword.

Once that happens and we have a new board we may move forward.

I also believe that the clubs treatment of James Hird is the saddest part of this whole saga

If we get rid of little his millions go too…

Ffs.

He has done a lot for this club under crazy conditions. People should take a farken walk and read a book for a few weeks.

Have we got any other Little-like backers, in terms of funding?

If we get rid of little his millions go too....
Ffs.
He has done a lot for this club under crazy conditions. People should take a farken walk and read a book for a few weeks.

He did a sit down interview with SWMNBN. For that reason alone.

And I'm not sure if I'm being flippant here or deadly serious...

Yeh, as long as Hardie and stuff are chipping in their 2c, we should be fine.

Ffs.

■■■■ off, give me a man with honor instead of one with a dollar.

James is not the reason for our legal bills, look at the board and Evans for not believing one of their own.

People forget how this started.

Ffs.

James is not the reason for our legal bills, look at the board and Evans for not belivig one one of there own.

This is a discussion about little.

James hird but he is busy

We should vote Blitz in as the board. Any decision we can decide upon using a poll. Would probably yield better results than what the clowns are currently doing.

Ffs.

James is not the reason for our legal bills, look at the board and Evans for not belivig one one of there own.

Exactly, why do we need his money?

Ffs.

So you're saying Little bought his way onto the board? And that if he lost his place he'd no longer support the club? Makes sense that we are where we are if so. 

Ffs.

Exactly, why do we need his money?
We need his expertise under crazy circumstances and we are praying he throws a dog a bone and pays for this ■■■■ now probably close to 5 million.

They have to go.

Last night was the cherry on top of a farce that has lasted two years.
The leak to Wilson today was the dusting of chocalate.

Forget Hird, that's another argument.

The management and public relations of the EFC has been an utter disgrace for two years.

The lot need to go, or at the very ■■■■■■■ least argue why they should stay.

Retention of sponsors.  I'll give them that.

I'm speaking only for myself here, but I am absolutely on a knife edge with this club.

As it stands, I haven't left them.  They've left me.

Maybe they'll come back, maybe they won't.  It's really outside my control.

Ffs.

So you're saying Little bought his way onto the board? Makes sense.

No.

hire that man.

They have to go.

Last night was the cherry on top of a farce that has lasted two years.
The leak to Wilson today was the dusting of chocalate.

Forget Hird, that's another argument.

The management and public relations of the EFC has been an utter disgrace for two years.

The lot need to go, or at the very ******* least argue why they should stay.

Retention of sponsors.  I'll give them that.

I'm speaking only for myself here, but I am absolutely on a knife edge with this club.

As it stands, I haven't left them.  They've left me.

Maybe they'll come back, maybe they won't.  It's really outside my control.

I've got to agree on your points about public relations and management being very poor over the last 2 years. I feel like we've been on the back foot and been very reactive rather than proactive in regards to updating members and fans on statuses, amidst all the media speculation.

Personally, I was expecting some sort of announcement at last night's Crichton, regardless of whether it would be good or bad news. Disappointing that nothing was announced amid all the uncertainty amongst fans, members, sponsors etc. The players that I talked to seemed to have no idea what's going on in regards to current situations, and one player made the comment about the media finding out about news before the players themselves had been informed.

I'd be more interested in a change of the Board, if I hadn't seen the previous ones we've had. 

I'm not sure why we will 'magically' get a better one this time. Just because every man and his dog reckons they would have handled this better, doesn't mean they would have. It's a pretty unique situation we found ourselves in. 

This doesn't mean I'm a fan of the current administration. I'm not. But I see no need to turf them now before this rubbish is done.

They can live or die by how this finishes. 

I'd be more interested in a change of the Board, if I hadn't seen the previous ones we've had. 

I'm not sure why we will 'magically' get a better one this time. Just because every man and his dog reckons they would have handled this better, doesn't mean they would have. It's a pretty unique situation we found ourselves in. 

This doesn't mean I'm a fan of the current administration. I'm not. But I see no need to turf them now before this rubbish is done.

They can live or die by how this finishes. 

I am also an expert when I have the power of hindsight.

Also remember that the line of thought "this mob's useless, let's turf 'em, how worse could anyone else be" gave us the current Liberal government

Evans resigned remember.  Somebody had to stand up and be President of the Board, and that was Little. I think he has had a sod of a job taking on the mess that has arisen over the last two years.  Don't be hard on him just because he has a few $'s.  We all makes mistakes, but at least he is trying to get the Club back on its feet after two years of hell.