The end of year cannon - who should be fired into the sun?

Just positing a general question, but is he allowed to develop his ruck game or are we going more ‘strings to his bow’ development when hes not solidified a primary role yet?

I just don’t want to stagnate another kids development because we feel they need to be more than they are at an early stage in their development.

also im ■■■■■■■ sick of smack giving away 10 frees against a proper ruck.

1 Like

No time. Got to keep Leuenberger and McKernan’s ruck skills up in the VFL in case they get a call up.

2 Likes

I agree almost entirely with this list.
My only doubt is McNeice. I’d like to see him given a run of 4 or 5 games just to confirm one way or another. To be fairer to him, he should go back to the VFL this week and build form for a few weeks before getting that 4 or 5 game patch.

Re Brown - assuming Hooker is staying back, we only need one of Hartley/Brown as depth. I’d prefer Hartley because there is more hope (due to age) that he might still improve.

Plus, agree with @killer_mike. Dea should be added to the list.

1 Like

Pretty simple, there might be some up for trade as well.

Baguley
Jerret
Leuy
Brown
Dea
McKernan
Goddard

ME!

Agreed that Baguley has been a warrior. Given his all from the moment he walked through the doors. I wish more talented players had his heart & desire but fact is, as it stands here today, he’s absolutely cooked. I thought that last year, this year confirmed it. Sad but true, he is a list clogger as we sit here today.

1 Like

Goddard up for trade?

No way.

2 Likes

Your dreaming if you think any club would trade for any of thise players

IRT McNeice, lacks the pace for someone his size IMO. How would you like him playing on the likes of Betts, Garlett, Cameron etc? No thanks. At 26 he isn’t going to improve. Our list management needs to take a more ruthless approach which means cutting ties with players like him and a handful of others on that list.

I agree that Myers won’t be chopped, but if it was my call, he’d be gone. He’ll be 30 next season and keeps a Clarke, Langford or Mutch out of the team. No brainer IMO but obviously contracted & gets a game easier than anyone else on the list.

Brown? He’s line ball. I think one of he or Hartley will be gone, especially if we end up with Fletcher Jnr. Think Hartley being a bit younger will probably tip the scales his way.

4 Likes

I’m confident that at some point this season or during the off-season at the latest, that the coaches will come to their senses about Myers. Then he’ll play next year out in the VFL, like Hocking and Howlett did last year.
If he’s as good at understanding the game plan etc as they rave about, he should be a good mentor for the youngsters in the VFL next year.

I wish I shared your confidence about Myers.

Future 300 gamer.

1 Like

other coaches love the myers in, wtf is he gonna do? lob it to your chb or not handball it to an overlap runner.

It needs to be a minimum of 8 list changes in 2018 - It’s a strong draft and we might pick up an FA or Delisted player - This is the year to cut deep.

Fraser Thurlow was on our list a few years ago. We let him go after not seeing much game time due to injury. He’s playing some very good footy recently for Southport in the NEAFL. He’s a Nankervis type, mature age (24\25ish), combative, awkward to play against ruckman. Very competitive. Think he will find his way onto a list next year, could fit the profile.

1 Like

Wasn’t clear, these guys would be delisted/retired.

In addition to these guys there may be trades for other players.

Baguley - retired
Jerrett
Leuenberger retired
McKernan
Dea

potentially add
McNeice
Brown - think can let go now zerk-thatcher looks ok.
Mynott are rookies 1 year contract?
Goddard - retirement?

and stuck with Myers for another year

Oh well he can help out Hocking in the ressies.

Why would Mynott be cut? From reports he’s looked pretty damn good for a kid in his first year. And he’s an extractor, exactly what we require.

1 Like

2019 his last?