The Final Team Dogs vs Us 8-4-18

“We’re not taking them lightly” is basically football’s version of"I’m not racist, but…"

15 Likes

I actually really like the mobility of this side.

If we are switched on it could be an exciting game for us.

Please be switched on.

Hartley is ■■■■■■ fantastic when given a chance to set himself, I think that was partly why he was so good in 2016- we were frequently flooding back and he could block the dangerous spots. The game against the Gold coast where he held off a ridiculous number of entries the perfect example. Unfortunately (for Hartley) we are trying to develop our forward press which means getting further up the field. And this is where Hartley’s Mack truck like turning circle gets caught out. I think Brown is much better suited to this type of setup

Maybe JD needs some pentosan polysulfate sodium, Doc Reid should write to ASADA for permission …

4 Likes

Is Myers seriously ■■■■■■■ coming in for Langford? Langford’s confidence must be at an all time low. Let him stay in the side and develop into an AFL footballer.

10 Likes

i completely understand where you are coming from. Would like to see him trailed in doing it in the VFl, if he does it well- as you say may as well give it a go.

1 Like

Yes but we know Myers is always in white hot form first up after an injury.
Real hair pulling stuff.

Would appear so. Would not think he will be at club by end of year. Seriously just needs 5-6 weeks. No knock on David but i ciuld not think of any othrr club having him - Langford easily

if langford gets pushed out of the side for Myers this early on in the season then its basically final curtains for Langford and Essendon

1 Like

Have they changed the number of emergencies from 3 to 4 this year?

I’ve been a huge critic of Myers over the journey, last year he was rubbish & all the returning players were down but his JLT2 game was very good

20 possessions. Disposal was good. Contested & tackled hard. Won clearances, ripping ball out under physical heat from opposition.

As a member of the leadership group as well he is currently going to get games over Langford & he is currently better than him as a pure inside mid.

And then it really comes down to Stringer vs Langford for that other inside mid/fwd role. It’s a no brainer regardless of Stringer learning how to mid.

If Langford is unhappy about it he going to have to fire up when he does get his chances & make sure his performances mean he is undroppable .

15 Likes

And it’s a long season and we know Myers has struggled in keeping himself uninjured, so Langford will get other chances during the year. If he trains hard and plays well in the VFL then he’ll demand getting picked.

12 Likes

did myers play in last week’s practice game?

Nope. Had calf strain/tightness leading into round1.

I don’t think he should be a straight inclusion then.

1 Like

They don’t want to risk him getting injured in the vfl

8 Likes

Mckernan is the sort of player where if he were playing against us, he would kick 6.

Dickson to kick 5, Boyd to dominate around the ground

Belly is in great form, beaten Jacobs and Sandi, will capri pants Boyd if he plays as he is only being considered for selection out of necessity.

Begley, Myers, Begley, Fantasia all named in the VFL team. Does this mean anything?

Hartley as well.