The fixture is in - 2022

It’s as simple as this. Playing better teams often makes you better. If we want to have any chance of winning a final then the more times we play Top 4 teams, win lose or draw, we will grow as a side. Anyone remember 1984? Played Hawthorn three times and lost all three before we beat them in the one that mattered. The fourth time was the Grand Final.

5 Likes

Considering the club loves to think 8th = new contract time and 9th = sack da coach, can you blame him?

Yeah we miss Melbourne and the dogs twice which would be tough to snag a win.

With the teams we play twice we have a good amount of tests against sides about our level or a little bit better.

Getting the tigers, swans, port twice is very good for where we are at for example.

The club wouldn’t be served well if it was Adelaide,North the Hawks and the Suns(no disrespect to those clubs but they are further away on rebuilding)

1 Like
4 Likes

A practise match I can get to, a X-Mas miracle

2 Likes

ambitious to think omicron will let you

The practice match against the Dogs will be more interesting.

Can’t remember the last time we played a practice game at Marvel it’s been that long

Think we played the Filth at Marvel 4 or 5 years ago.
Would I be right in thinking that this is also the first time we haven’t played the Cats in about 7 years?

1 Like

2017 against Collingwood. I rocked up because I just couldn’t wait to see us with a full list and vividly remember Fantasia kicking the opening goal on the run.

2 Likes

5 years since we played a practice game at Marvel bloody ridiculous

But it’s only been a few months since the Dogs last practice match against Essendon?

6 Likes

The Footscray practice game is a genuine practice match; number of players, timings etc all to be decided by the two clubs.
So no reason we can’t name Voss.

For a range of reasons.

2 Likes

Who fkg cares about practice matches? Seriously.

I like them cause it gives you an early look at a what we will produce in the season

I hope we take them seriously want us to have moment heading into rnd 1 none of this “let’s practice things” or “experiment with players in different roles” BS

This guy?

Same team too - perhaps we could get him back for a one off - a bit like his career with us.

1 Like

EXCITEMENT.

The AFL making the umps wear red black and white for that game is still… well, accurately representative of their level of intelligence.

5 Likes

And then said we couldn’t have a red clash guernsey.

3 Likes

That’s an @benfti wet dream right there!

3 Likes

This season is gonna be another wild ride isn’t it :grimacing:

The mouth breather journo types are going to have a field day.

Every other night there will be… “And after the break Tom Browne can reveal which club will be missing 3 of their STARS this weekend due to positive covid tests”

2 Likes