The game plan for the rest of the season

Playing a a proper ruckman with mckernan as his backup would be a good start.

Reputation should count for nothing when selecting the team

Play a young quick side. In Laverde, Delgleish and Ashby for Dempsey, Stein and Gwilt for a start. In Browne for NOB also and probably Edwards for Melksham.

You are essington

We are Essendone

Lol. Noice one Ben.
I fear for this year you are right my friend.

We need a power forward. Jake and joe are alright but we need a cloke/Hawkins style player

Seriously?

I’m already loo

You are essington

We are Essendone

Lol. Noice one Ben.

I’m already looking at the draft. I hope we have about 6 picks

We need a power forward. Jake and joe are alright but we need a cloke/Hawkins style player

We’d look awesome with a power forward standing in the forward line doing nothing while the midfield continues to struggle.

Unfortunately, we have less chance of winning another game than the Washington Generals ever did.

That guy got killed by The Man.

That’s been the last few years; we need a new plan.

I’m shocked no one has posted this yet;

Wait, you mean we aren’t tanking at the moment? We are actually trying???

Oh dear

Before the image loaded, thought it would be a pic of Edwards.

I'm already loo
You are essington

We are Essendone

Lol. Noice one Ben.

I’m already looking at the draft. I hope we have about 6 picks

In the top 10?

Took these from a basketball forum but they are all applicable.

Coaches should just do tactical analysis of the opposition and implement a game style that exposes their weaknesses…thather than trying to fix our broken game plan, lets break the oppositions.

Tell the players to select their own team, devise their own match day strategy and most importantly just go out and have some fun again. Anyone who doesn’t want to play can have the weekend in QLD at the clubs expense.
Any match day failures are consequence free.

while we are busy tanking do you reckon we could try having our deepest forwards block for each other and lead at the ball carrier. Maybe while we are at it the players could move a little to provide options when bringing the ball out of defense.

The coaches just have to strip it right back to the bare bones. Simple, competitive, contested ball winning, ferocious tackling, risk taking, hard running footy. I don’t know how they approach it this week, if you take get the one-wood out and absolutely give them a bollocking, could it do more harm then good? Maybe we just try and get some positivity in the group, show them some vision of them playing at their best, tell them it’s there inside them but they have to work hard for each other. If they put in another shocker against the Dees then you can go hard on them, but at least give the boys a chance to atone…

Wait, you mean we aren't tanking at the moment? We are actually trying????

Oh dear

thinking along similar lines, we don’t actually have to tank, you could change nothing and we’d prolly end up losing most games.

ironically think we have a better chance of winning more games if we went full blown “play the kids” mode. we’ve got 3 years of knowing what happens when the current “best 22” go into “we are done for the season mode”.

Freddo Frog to the first player to:

a) kick a goal
b) lay a tackle that sticks
c) have a disposal that isn’t smothered or intercepted