Bring the The GOOD Stuff Thread

Hello Dave?

On food and drink lately.

Vitasoy so milky chocolate milk in the fridge section supermarket. Tasty as. And I don’t normally like anything soy.

Bit of sugar but otherwise pretty good.

1 Like

Good to know, just picked up a near new Bosch front loader for $100 - a steal. In the optical capital equipment game myself and anything German is great - fastidious, @nal and serious. Figured it would be good.

Lol. Yeah, it’s a pita. Tell me how to stop it!

You may be right but it could also be industry dependant. The Chinese can manufacture well if they have to keep to spec and not worry about just price. There are some Bosch auto parts that are manufactured in China and the genuine name Boscj (Chinese) is high end spec stuff used by Audi etc (so I’ve been told). The cheaper stuff in the same factory is good but not fool proof as they dilute the manufacturing process.

1 Like

Tried a pink grapefruit a couple of months ago in China. It was too bitter to finish, l didn’t have any sugar to blunt the taste. They are a bit deceptive, as they look just like a large orange.

1 Like

Putting a bit of salt on grapefruit works a treat also. Really brings out the sweetness

Salt on dark chocolate, life changing.

2 Likes

As long as it is a good rock or sea salt, otherwise pass.

The pink sheet is da good sheet.

Had this amazing salt the other day. Salt, chilli and dried crushed caterpillars from the agave cactus they make mezcal with.

The mezcal was great too

You mean the stuff borne through the ravaging stormy mountains on the breaking backs of the sherpas?

Bought this and it’s pretty ■■■■■■ good.

Makes meal preps during the week much easier and not a bad meal out of it so far.

I have the Phillips version (about $185). Makes a great soup. I use it all winter.

Breville products always last a year before turning to ■■■■.

I have read this.

Yeah not trying to put you off just been my experience.

Anyone got a half decent set of noise cancelling headphones they can recommend?

I wouldn’t be using them that regularly, so don’t want to spend a fortune. Mainly stream music, so sound quality is obviously starting at a low base so that lends itself to a lower budget i guess.

Not sure where you live, but this place https://www.stereophonic.com.au/ is in North Carlton. Otherwise I recommend audiotechnica. Just don’t waste your money on something like Dr Dre beats or even Bose.

2 Likes

for sound deadening/blocking bose is still the standard, their audios ■■■■ now though. but if you wan’t to hear nothing else bose is it.