The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

I think the Tigers are getable if they start a mini-preseason to prepare for their finals campaign. You often see the top sides playing sluggish in the final rounds, best time of the year to hit such a team.

Yep, spot on.
Brendan Lade said yesterday that they expect to lose Ryder for between 2-6 weeks.
With this draw, it’s possible that they only win 1 more (WB in Ballarat) between now and the last round.

With the Tiges, if they can defeat Coll and Gee in the next month, they will most likely have a 2 game break, plus a swag of percentage on the 3rd placed team, leading into the 2nd last round (our game).
That might give us a sneaky chance of catching them 10% off their game.

3 Likes

We’re not going to make the eight

2 Likes

Scicily broken wrist that hurts Hawthorns chances

9 Likes

I know, but it’s still fun to pontificate :smile:

1 Like

We are on a 6-2 streak since Carlton game

We were also never going to beat Cats, or Port or WC at home, or GWS at home, we were going to Essington against GC and won by 43points

Upsets keep happening around us to sides competing with and injuries also.

We are every chance to win all the games leading up to Richmond, then likely lose that and beat Port last round to scrape in.

4 Likes

3 Likes

If Adelaide carry their current form they will make finals.

Perhaps at our expense…

Sicily out, JoeD back. What could go wrong.

8 Likes

I think we are missing Stringer and it will show.

I feel we will either drop a game against Hawthorn or Sydney.

We will then have a few banging on about still being able to make it if we beat Richmond and Port. Which at least on the former won’t happen.

Yep, it’s a risk, but we’ll back ourselves in to win as many as Adelaide and squeeze pass their percentage.
I just think their wins may create a spot or 2 in front of us, and we might need that, even though it will mean the Crows are right there with us.

The key to getting in with 13 wins, is that as many teams as possible remain vulnerable from achieving that magical 13 win mark !

1 Like

Hawks may have just lost Sicily who’d have played on Stringer and has been vital to launching their attacks. On top of McEvoy and Rioli in recent weeks. I don’t think they travelling that well.

We will get Zaka back by then

Swans have lost multiple senior players also recently. And their main ruck missing as well.

Cats outside run and pace caused them so much trouble and it’s our strength.

We are playing well enough to beat them both

3 Likes

My mad spreadsheet says we can make it with 13 wins under quite a few different scenarios. Most of them have us overtaking Adelaide, North and Hawthorn. From there we need one of Geelong, Melbourne or GWS to drop a couple of their 50/50 games.

This week’s Geelong v Melbourne game (at GMHBA) is huge for us. If Geelong win, they are probably safe. Having said that, a Geelong win is probably our best result as it makes Melbourne very vulnerable given their run home.

4 Likes

I thought EFC said best case scenario is Stringer back for Hawks.

Zaka said on the footy show on Foxtel that’s he’s aiming to be back for Freo but most likely Sydney.

2 Likes

All the better then.

Raz back this week. Zaka next week. Stringer week after! Ambrose would be fit to play also if needed.

Momentum.

Just need JD then to climb out of the grave

Edit. Scrap Ambrose. Done for 10wks. My bad.

IT might just happen.

2 Likes

nope. he’s out for ten weeks.

Damn shame that Francis is the polar opposite player and can never be picked for team balance.

3 Likes

is there a massive see-saw out at THE HANGAR™ to evaluate said team balance?

3 Likes