The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

It’s not happening without some strange results is my view. However, we’ll probably get some.

Damn percentage…

Ah damn! Right you are. Forgot he was more than just a standard twang.

Do I dare mention/hope for Daniher returning?! :thinking:

1 Like

For the VFL side !
Hello Premiership :+1:

3 Likes

I know a few of you are thinking strategically and longe term by hoping Adelaide and Geelong can win this week but the way I see it Geelong are currently 8th and have our spot. If we win this week and they lose then we will be on equal points.
North are on 9th and should go down to Pies, Adelaide will probably beat Lions but if we beat Freo by more we could still overtake them.
Hawks will probably beat FCFC but who knows how either team will respond.
Basically by the end of this round Hawks, Geelong, Norf, Crows, and Us could be equal 8th (% aside) on 36pts with 5 rounds still to play.
If that can eventuate there will be a huge amount of belief that our fate is in our own hands, bring it on!

4 Likes

It is also in the hands of Richmond.

I wouldn’t want to be playing Brisbane right now, reckon they will give Adelaide a real scare and it wouldn’t suprise me in the slightest if they beat them.

5 Likes

Draws. The key is teams above us consistently drawing whilst we win.

10 Likes

Not exactly Mr Current Affairs are you… tendon damage, out for 10+ weeks.

1 Like

Touché

Been duly noted already above.

1 Like

Isn’t Ambrose out for ten weeks?

True.
What I was suggesting was essentially a 5 horse race for 1 spot, with 5 rounds to go. We’d have the biggest handicap (%) so dropping just 1 game would be dangerous, (we’d need the other 4 teams to drop 2), 2 games fatal.
I don’t think I feel “entitled” enough yet to really believe we can knock over Freo, Hawks, Sydney in a row, if we are still in the hunt come the Richmond game we’ve done pretty well. We will have won 9 from 11 and we’d be the most in form side to ever miss finals.

1 Like

I think you’ll find it’s actually 10 weeks.

3 Likes

RIP Ambrose

Simples… no upsets in this sim, just a few 50/50s going our way.

I’m not saying it’s likely tho, just that it’s possible with a bit o’ luck.

4 Likes

Draw between Melbourne and Geelong and we’re right back in the hunt.

2 Likes

Unless we plonk ourselves in the 8 at some stage over the next few weeks i refuse to believe.

Until then it’ll just be a damn tease. We’ve barely moved ladder positions despite frequent wins. Needed to jag the Pies win.

Edit: though I do enjoy slipping into 8th which we’ve managed a habit of and not painfully finishing 9th. Hope that continues despite the 10 goal flogging we’d cop in week one of finals.

1 Like

I very much look forward to travelling to Sydney for a semi. There won’t be one in my pants.

1 Like

A lot of speculation going on here. This will be such a non-thread if we lose to the Dockers.
I’m with the captain. One week at a time.

2 Likes

Brisbane are playing well now.

1 Like