The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

AFL confident the game will have an impact on the final 8?

2 Likes

I guess it does irrespective of whether we’re a live chance for finals, given Port could be playing for a top 4 spot. But you can be damn sure the AFL would be hoping we get to the game still with a live chance at making finals. Wait and see what the free kick count is on Saturday to know just how much they’re hoping…

I’ll get me tinfoil hat…

3 Likes

If we make the finals will WOB return??
I miss him.

4 Likes

Who?

2 Likes

Lol, chances are our season will be over by then.

I doubt the Friday night fixturing was intended to work against us. In fact if we have to fly interstate (if we did make the 8) the following week the extended break will do us good.

Oh, just realized everyone gets an extra week so an extra 2-3 days won’t really matter (though it would be the difference between an injured player being ready or not)

We should still be a mathematical chance at that stage, how remote it is will depend on how other results fall in the meantime.

They’re really making us wait for St Essington day this year

3 Likes

This will be his revenge for being denied last year.

1 Like

Obviously winning as many games as possible helps in securing a spot in the eight and where in the eight you are.

But hopefully this year also highlights how important percentage can be. It too can have an impact on where you finish on the ladder.

So whilst it is important to win as many games as possible, it is also important to win by as much as you can and lose by as few as you can.

Our percentage has been pretty crap the past couple of years. Its the result of some heavy losses only just being balanced out by mediocre wins.

We need to start turning those 24 point leads at halfway through the last quarter to a 36 point win, not relaxing and ending up with the 12 point win.

We need to start converting a couple of those missed set shots from behinds to goals. The last two weeks have been 13.21 and 15.19.

For example, if this year and only the games we won, we had scored just 2 more goals a game, our percentage would currently be 110% - equal with Sydney and Nth and just behind GWS.

3 Likes

So we will have had the most Friday night games of any club this year?

For season 2018

• Day wins - 3
  • Day losses - 6
  • 33% strike rate
  • Night/twilight wins - 7
  • Night losses - 2
  • Around 80% (maths, not my strong point)

Since round 9 played only 3 day games

• 2 wins - away to Lions + Roos, Etihad
  • I loss to Pies at G
  • (Have won 6 of 7 at night/twilight)

My points/s …

• Danger game against the Hawks (last day game for H&A)
  • The boys like playing at night/twilight. Looking good for Port + Saints (let’s face it, beating Tiges would be a football miracle - we dream - but first, the Hawks)

Still don’t see any possibility of playing finals with 3 more wins. Percentage is just too caca so will need to win all 4. If we win all 4 I have us playing Melbourne in the first week.
I just can’t see us getting over Richmond though, they are close to unbeatable at the MCG but funnily enough Fark Carlton has a better interstate record than them this year :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t think we have won any games at the G this year have we?

We’ve lost twice to the Pies and also to Richmond, if there were others then we didn’t win them.

Geelong. But that’s it.

1 Like

In fairness. Since we actually sorted our ■■■■ out we’ve only played Richmond and Pies at G.

Tigers we got stage fright against.

Pies we could well have beaten if we weren’t so badly injury affected. Cracking game still.

And these were number 1 and 2 on ladder.

Ah cool, that was a good win at the G.

I reckon we should do the Hawks. It’s one of those tests where if we can’t win then we probably don’t deserve finals.

Problem for us is you can only fail 8 “tests” in a season and we had 6 losses in the first 8 games. Would have been nice to afford more than 2 slip ups in 14 games, but we got ourselves into this mess.

Just saw the clip of Worsfold’s conference today. Daniher won’t play the next few weeks but his program is designed for a potential return the last round or 2.

Imagine his first game back being against the Tigers. Massive.

2 Likes

Last Round of the VFL !

@theDJR like in 3…2…1

1 Like

I tipped this!

2 Likes

How many goal Joe kick in VFL Finals ?

1 Like