The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

You forgot Sydney to lose to GWS to keep their spot open also.
We can’t count on both NM and Melb falling over.

If 1 of them wins a game they shouldn’t, we have to overhaul Sydney’s percentage.

The more options the better !

1 Like

That’s a pretty unlikely option. Bout as unlikely as Gellong losing either of their last two.

NO, it isn’t !

2 Likes

We need Collingwood to beat Port as well. Otherwise when we beat Port t will need to be by something like 5 goals or more

2 Likes

Wouldn’t GWS and Hawks start as favourites against Sydney though?

ANYTHING’S POSSIBLE MAAAAAAAAAAN

Exactly, and both Haw & GWS need to win to ensure Top 4, otherwise Coll will swoop !

1 Like

Correct mate! Forget about that one - the other comment made above relies on huge percentage swings which won’t happen at this stage of the season (needing crazy 80-100 pt results each round)

Crows also wouldn’t want to lose their last home game to North. They’d want to at least have that for the supporters you’d think. They’ve named a strong side I think.

Besides, by the time Crows play, Pies vs Port would already be played. So if Pies beat Port, Crows don’t really need to do anything.

I’m more concerned about GWS and Sydney which flows onto Eagles vs Melbourne.

If Sydney beat GWS, it means that Eagles have locked in 2nd position and have no real motivation to win (as posted above, teams that have locked in 1st and 2nd place win 50/50 of their remaining games). That’s what I’m most concerned about.

1 Like

Motivation factor is a big one - agreed. It is why there are a few in the media are fancying our chances tonight.

Melbourne can still lose all their games and still make the finals. :slight_smile:

You made me check the ladder.

Nope…Hawks and Pies would/could get them on percentage if they also lost to Bris (away) in the last Round.

Maybe just. Swans aren’t gonna he get blown out though. They’ve found something and their games v Hawthorn are always close.

If they lose both by 20 point each, still counts towards 3% or so

I did the Predictor a few days ago.
It takes Sydney losing both games by a total of 37pts, and us winning both by a total of 40pts.

Possible, but probably still less than 50/50 even if the results go our way.

2 Likes

Gurge…

St Essington is warming up, about to his horn real soon.

So what number is our 1st round pick?

Not impossible yet!

3 Likes

More chance of me waking up tomorrow morning and counting to 20 on my fingers and toes.

2 Likes