The Impossible Dream - wakey, wakey! - will we finish 9,10, 11 or 12th? How will the finals unfold?... Ladder predictor in OP

Nothing wrong with doubling up.

What wizardry got you this outcome?

Who do we need to lose by 100+ points? Give me a glimmer of hope for the love of all thats mighty!

tenor

1 Like

Need all of Cats (very unlikely), Port & Dees to lose both their remaining games it seems

And Crows to beat North as well

It’s not happening.

We had to win one of Hawks/ Tigers.

Fat lady has sung

1 Like

No-one needs to win by 100.
Geelong just needs to lose two games in a row by ten goals at Kardinia Park against rubbish teams.
That’s all.

1 Like

Phew! And here I was worried we couldn’t make finals.

4 Likes

When this thread opened, we knew we had to win ALL of those 8pt games, to bring as many of those teams within our sights as possible.

Coll & Haw realistically had to be won, so that we could arrive at these last 2 rounds only needing to win 1, or perhaps neither.

A Draw last night would have kept things interesting.

3 Likes

We just need them to lose, margin not important. We need Collingwood to give Port a touch up though. :grinning:

1 Like

Aw, true.
Still don’t need 100 point margins though.

1 Like

Geelong has a bit of a tendency to underperformed against the lower teams :roll_eyes:

You guys are fn joking right

1 Like

We’ve been joking since round nine.
Like I said, different senses of humour.

2 Likes

What happened in round 9? Has it ever been discussed on here before?

Not any more sensibly than the last few posts, no.
But you know, it’s fun to work out improbable possibilities.

More fun than walking in and ■■■■■■■■ on people, but again…different senses of humour.

I’ve been honestly trying to work out what this post means, but after a few attempts I’m giving up.

I’m bummed that as of last night we definitively can’t make the finals, though

Richmond did enough to win the game and we didn’t do enough, to win it, we lost it in the second quarter and never regained the ground. Also think our guys are tired and have had enough or that’s what it feels like.

Yep, unfortunately it’s done.

We had three chances really Collingwood, Hawks and Tigers. Lost them all.

I’m going to move to the trade target thread now and will try to get excited for next season instead.

2 Likes

ESS win by 150
Melb lose next 2 matches by combined 300 pts

or

ESS win by 75
Geelong get feasted on by Fyfemantle and Suns by combined 50 points.

We’re playing finals. Can go as low as 7th.

NEVER give up.

3 Likes

GWS staggering into the finals…looks like they should miss the top 4…a quick finals exit would help the positioning of our second round pick.

3 Likes

Even if we managed to ■■■■ our way into finals it would have resulted in an ten goal thumping interstate as per usual.