The lead up to round 2

will be all about ball movement then.

After hearing about Caracellas own drill back in the day getting free on the wing, feel, we might be using the wing more in attacking and spreading the opposition defence this year, and Carcacellas tactical nous can help free up Zaharakis/Cutler/Ham.

I was just thinking how Zerk and Riddles must feel knowing that both Hooker and Ambrose will be fit and ready to go. Neither were given the chance to really cement their spot in the team.

So like our drills circa 15 years.

1 Like

All players to be tested by Friday with a view to allow full training from next week. That puts 11th well in the frame.

1 Like

Ridley will play regardless, imo

it’ll only be a matter of time before one of hooker, Ambrose or Hurley break down anyway. zerk won’t be far off

1 Like

How long have you supported this club?

What seems sensible and obvious is not always the case.

1 Like

I expect skills will be off and the first few games will probably be of a disappointing standard.

But for us its all about what shape each player is in when they come back. Some may have gained weight, some may be badly out of touch. Its impossible to pick a side until the club assesses the players.
We have enough capable players to avoid picking on “seniority” or “reputation” lets hope sense prevails and they place a high emphasis on skills demonstrated in training when picking the side.

We need a best 22 thread

What we need, is the farking team! Where is it?!

6 Likes

More interested in the injury update. Going to be interesting to see who has progressed and who hasn’t.

1 Like

So there’ll be no state league comps this year. Seems like there will just be ad hoc scratch matches organised between those guys not playing in the seniors each week.

If EVERYONE was fit you could fill out a team of 22 to play in these scratch matches but we know that doesn’t happen so teams that are decimated by injury might have to find a team that agrees to play for example 12 vs 12 or 14 vs 14 (on field) etc. Things are going to be slapped together and pretty haphazard this year.

“Yeah so Joe Daniher is progressing well. We expect him to start walking again shortly after going on a two-month Covid bender. We really don’t want to put a time-frame on it but we think after a couple of hydralytes he should be ready go for another round by the time pubs reopen.”

“Cale Hooker was progressing well but we decided to send him in for minor surgery on the eve that the season was to resume. This is really just as a precaution and we look forward to having him available for our push into the two-day best of 18 round robin AFLX finals series.”

“Paddy Ambrose is raring to go. He won the club’s time trial the day after his surgery.”

“Dyson Heppell is sweet boi yeah no dramas bra shacka. Seriously though, he will never walk again.”

7 Likes

Even though we haven’t trained for months, what’s the chances of still having 20 blokes injured?

#essington

1 Like

Hello my friends!

The lead up to round 2, are you as excited as me? :slight_smile:

GO DONS!!!

14 Likes

Are you any relation to #carrotfacts ?

Is everybody happy?

Hey look me over, lend me an ear
I’m a conservative
I like the small black marks on my hand
I’m a conservative

I don’t think most of those players listed in modified group will be on modified training and if so only as precautionary to assess how they have come back and what shape.

Most I’d expect to see with main group

Players haven’t been told by the AFL that they can train together yet. I understand the AFLPA and players are due to have a link up this morning and the PA will then discuss with the AFL and then the AFL with the clubs. I’d expect announcements about resumption on Thursday or Friday. June 11 was what I was hearing and I think that’s the preferred date to resume but I’d expect that’s what today’s discussions will determine.

2 Likes

What a year. 11th June takes us up to Round 13 in a regular season.

1 Like

With footy set to resume, would it be safe for @nackers to get some training reports from behind the fences once we get back into training. Understand club wouldn’t want people there, and there may not be much happening with being limited to groups of ten.
But i probably get more training watchers insights than watching actual training footage prepared by the club.