The Love Boat and other cruises

That is always my aim, though I see there is a limit on the package now (15 drinks) so will have to do some strategic drinking this time.

1 Like

Pay as I went. Your off the boat all day when your in port

Vb and Corona 8.75 each on the golden

Most cocktails around the 13 mark

It’s not cheap

1 Like

Green apples are great if you’re feeling sea sick, and wash your hands often.

I’m going to look at doing the Panama Canal some time soon. Don’t particularly want to spend much time in the US though.

Never really been to Miami though, or Fort Lauderdale…really want to do Cartagena in Colombia though.

Been on two…the Fairstar to Noumea, Suva, Lautoka and Auckland in the 70s.

And then midwinter in 1999 from Cairns to Port Moresby, Milne Bay, Honiara (and Guadalcanal), Port Vila and back to Sydney. We got caught in a tropical cyclone before Port Vila where it teemed with rain, then the waves were above A deck, knocked out the aircon, water damaged the carpets, 90% of the passengers got seasick, soft buggers that they were, and I ended with pneumonia. Better than a few tourists who got typhoid because of dodgy chicken at the Kokoda Track. Wasn’t a good trip. Haven’t ventured out since. That one was P&O. Food wasn’t great.

Wouldn’t mind a European river cruise.

Two of my sisters do two or three every year.

Thanks again.
Will do some sums.
We only have 5 port days and 8 full sea days so might be worth the $$ for the drinks package as it includes coffee as well etc
On sea days I reckon I’d fit in a few beers and wines.

Did a 5 day cruise down the Aegean coast of turkey on a boat that slept about 12. Backpacker style, when I was no longer a backpacker. easily one of the best travel things I’ve ever experienced.

Would never be able to do a large cruise ship, would do my head in, but evidently some people really enjoy them.

1 Like