The “Mozzie’s Second Goal” thread

@Humbert_Humbert
Superb writing. This should be published somewhere where
a lot more people will see it.

2 Likes

I was sitting at a pub that usually has 50-100 Essendon fans and there were probably 10 there for one of our “big” games. Even though the pub is in Perth it gets so many Bomber fans they put Essendon games on the big screen and sent the Freo fans to watch on computer sized monitor screens in the corner.

Usually a great atmosphere, but about 20 minutes into the game I was basically thinking how sad is it that we aren’t even watchable anymore. Where’s the excitement, energy, belief? When Tippa kicked the match winner against North we proceeded to accidentally tip a table over the place got so rowdy and now I can actually hear the commentary it was so sterile.

Enter MOZZIE.

As soon as he burst through the pack I launched out of my seat for probably the first time this season. Watching far too much footy this year, it’s how I felt other clubs supporters must feel watching their superstars while we watch the likes of Bellchambers. The level of excitement he generated within the group was one of the only times this year I can remember us even looking happy when playing.

When Tippa then got his goal it was full lid off mode… for about 10 seconds.

What could’ve been.

9 Likes

I want to get a Mozzie indigenous jumper but don’t want to pull the trigger too early as thought the same thing.

1 Like

I hope not. I just think you need to stop and celebrate sometimes, especially when there hasn’t been much to celebrate.

If there’s one positive I’m taking from this season it’s that all of our really exciting players are 26 and under. The present is a bit ordinary but the future is promising.

That’s a great write up Humbert. There is something unique about how the indigenous go about their footy and their shots at goal on the run are particularly special

here it is loaded up on youtube

7 Likes

3 Likes

I would be hoping Moz has a lot better goals than the one on the weekend both in skill and context.

Sorry for being a pooper.

I mean its a lovely goal. And he adds exactly what we miss.

Love how he moved out to the left, increased the degree of difficulty, and didn’t try and bounce it through.

It’s ok Vanders, we don’t all have to agree. Maybe you’re handling this lockdown ok.

i reckon tippas highlights reel would be as good as Cryril Riolis

cyril definetly has a great leap and high mark.

Mozzie had a good start.

As good as, but not as long.

Look at Stringer bustin his balls to give him a shephard. Love it.

Moz read that ball so well…

So he tears it up against hawthorn this week to remind them what they passed on yeah?

5 Likes

that’s just superb balance

3 Likes

Hope he plays against the Hawks want them to suffer on why they passed him up

1 Like

Something I noticed when watching the Herbatron video is Stringer, who hadn’t been moving all that great for the game, absolutely busted a gut trying to go with him and lay a shepherd.

He knew.

1 Like

Stringer would have been suspended for a week if the guy he kept away was made out of wet cardboard.

I love this description.

1 Like

wonderful