The Music Quiz

Pretty sure I know the artist for 17..not the album though.
Mention it then...I have a feeling that this might be the one in this quiz that stumps most people
  1. David Bowie - Scary Monsters
Mention it then...I have a feeling that this might be the one in this quiz that stumps most people

I donā€™t know the album, but I know one of the songs, And everyone would have to say the guy that wrote it was a star ā€¦ albeit a long faded one now, sadly.

1. PiL - 9
  1. True Blue - Madonna

I donā€™t know the album, but I know one of the songs, And everyone would have to say the guy that wrote it was a star ā€¦ albeit a long faded one now, sadly.

Yep. At least one of them is an Andrew Durant song.

1. Dragon - donā€™t know the name of the album though

If weā€™re sweeping up, then
10. Rattle ā€˜nā€™ Hum - U2

18. Dragon - don't know the name of the album though
Dragon is correct...can anyone give me the album name

The cover looks like a jazz lounge with pot plants, yeah?

The cover looks like a jazz lounge with pot plants, yeah?
No...that would be another one of their albums

Three to go:

1. Alone / Who Will You Run To (canā€™t believe that this one hasnā€™t been pickedā€¦Alone topped the US Charts)

2. Wasted Words / Last Of The Riverboats (Thought this one might stump youā€¦@bonzo and @ā€œBLOODSTAINED DEVILSā€ have zeroed on on the bandā€¦Andy Durant was a member of Starsā€¦)

3. This Time / Get That Jive (As miss ellie correctly picked, the artist is Dragon)

1. Ozambezi
18. Ozambezi
No
  1. Bad Animals - Heart
  2. Sunshine - Dragon
Three to go:
  1. Alone / Who Will You Run To (canā€™t believe that this one hasnā€™t been pickedā€¦Alone topped the US Charts)

2. Wasted Words / Last Of The Riverboats (Thought this one might stump youā€¦@bonzo and @ā€œBLOODSTAINED DEVILSā€ have zeroed on on the bandā€¦Andy Durant was a member of Starsā€¦)

3. This Time / Get That Jive (As miss ellie correctly picked, the artist is Dragon)

You noticed did you swoods? I thought it had gone through to the keeper. Didnā€™t want to steal Bonzā€™s thunder.

So anyhoo, ā€¦

1. Stars -

1000 internet points for anyone who names the album.

Three to go:

You noticed did you swoods? I thought it had gone through to the keeper. Didnā€™t want to steal Bonzā€™s thunder.

So anyhoo, ā€¦

1. The Stars -

1000 internet points for anyone who names the album.

Ooh, Oohā€¦pick meā€¦I know it :wink:

17 would be Stars - Land of Fortune - an original copy of which still sits in my vinyl collection :wink:

Theyā€™re yours.

(Dont cash it til Friday ok?)

Good to see all the questions answered on the first quiz of the year and as a rewardā€¦hereā€™s a new one where Iā€™m going back to the old format.

So, hereā€™s some lyrics, you pick the song and artistā€¦good luck:

1. A Salvation Army band played / And the children drank lemonade / And the morning lasted all day / All day

Life In A Northern Town / Dream Academy / wimmera1

1. Change your heart / look around you / Change your heart / it will astound you

Everybodyā€™s Got To Learn Sometime / The Korgis / Captain Jack

1. Dirty old river, must you keep rolling, rolling into the night / People so busy, make me feel dizzy, taxi light shines so bright

Waterloo Sunset / The Kinks / Shelton 10

1. You ask me where to begin / Am I so lost in my sin / You ask me where did I fall / Iā€™ll say I canā€™t tell you when

Iā€™ll Find My Way Home / Jon & Vangelis / BAAKKEERRRR

1. Friends all tried to warn me / But I held my head up high / All the time they warned me / But I only passed them by

2. Well itā€™s all right / riding around in the breeze / Well itā€™s all right / if you live the life you please

End of the Line / The Traveling Wilburys / Bloodstained Devils

1. Photographs of fancy tricks / to get your kicks at sixty-six / He thinks of all the lips that he licks / And all the girls that heā€™s going to fix

(I Donā€™t Want To Go To) Chelsea / Elvis Costello & the Attractions / BAAKKEERRRR

1. When I look back / boy, I must have been green / Bopping in the country / fishing in a stream

Honky Cat / Elton John / onlybomberinthevillage

1. I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon / but to settle down and write you a line / Iā€™ve been meaning to phone you but from Minnesota / hell itā€™s been a very long time

You Wear It Well / Rod Stewart / Hoffy

1. Well Iā€™ve been lookinā€™ real hard / And Iā€™m tryinā€™ to find a job / But it just keeps gettinā€™ tougher every day

Rock 'N Me / Steve Miller Band / Bloodstained Devils

1. Well, I heard some people talking just the other day / And they said you were gonna put me on a shelf / Well, let me tell you Iā€™ve got some news for you / And youā€™ll soon find out itā€™s true

Already Gone / The Eagles / swooper

1. Hey, woman, you got the blues / 'Cause you ainā€™t got no one else to use / Thereā€™s an open road that leads nowhere / So just make some miles between here and there

Evil Woman / ELO / miss ellie

1. Bruce Berry was a working man / He used to load that Econoline van / A sparkle was in his eye / But his life was in his hands

Tonightā€™s The Night / Neil Young / BomberMcVeigh

1. Canā€™t forget his face / What a lonely place / Has he really let us flow

Light In The Black / Rainbow / bonzo

1. Itā€™s all right if you love me / Itā€™s all right if you donā€™t / Iā€™m not afraid of you running away / Honey, Iā€™ve got the feeling you wonā€™t

Breakdown / Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers / Captain Jack

1. It was late in December / The sky turned to snow / All round the day was going down slow

2. Doing all right / A little jiving on a Saturday night / And come what may / Gonna dance the day away

Drivers Seat / Sniff & The Tears / Bloodstained Devils

1. Down from the glen came the marching men / With their shields and their swords / To fight the fight they believed to be right / Overthrow the overlords

Emerald / Thin Lizzy / bonzo

1. Kneeling at the hotel reception / Violin a-sobbing on his knee / Twenty bright rozellas on his shoulder / Coin from a wealthy Ceylonese

Conversations / Cold Chisel / swooper

1. Mother doesnā€™t go out any more / Just sits at home and rolls her spastic eyes / But every weekend through the door / Come words of wisdom from the world outside

Sunday Papers / Joe Jackson / onlybomberinthevillage