The Music Quiz

Good to see all the questions answered on the first quiz of the year and as a reward…here’s a new one where I’m going back to the old format.

So, here’s some lyrics, you pick the song and artist…good luck:

1. A Salvation Army band played / And the children drank lemonade / And the morning lasted all day / All day

Life In A Northern Town / Dream Academy / wimmera1

1. Change your heart / look around you / Change your heart / it will astound you

Everybody’s Got To Learn Sometime / The Korgis / Captain Jack

1. Dirty old river, must you keep rolling, rolling into the night / People so busy, make me feel dizzy, taxi light shines so bright

Waterloo Sunset / The Kinks / Shelton 10

1. You ask me where to begin / Am I so lost in my sin / You ask me where did I fall / I’ll say I can’t tell you when

I’ll Find My Way Home / Jon & Vangelis / BAAKKEERRRR

1. Friends all tried to warn me / But I held my head up high / All the time they warned me / But I only passed them by

2. Well it’s all right / riding around in the breeze / Well it’s all right / if you live the life you please

End of the Line / The Traveling Wilburys / Bloodstained Devils

1. Photographs of fancy tricks / to get your kicks at sixty-six / He thinks of all the lips that he licks / And all the girls that he’s going to fix

(I Don’t Want To Go To) Chelsea / Elvis Costello & the Attractions / BAAKKEERRRR

1. When I look back / boy, I must have been green / Bopping in the country / fishing in a stream

Honky Cat / Elton John / onlybomberinthevillage

1. I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon / but to settle down and write you a line / I’ve been meaning to phone you but from Minnesota / hell it’s been a very long time

You Wear It Well / Rod Stewart / Hoffy

1. Well I’ve been lookin’ real hard / And I’m tryin’ to find a job / But it just keeps gettin’ tougher every day

Rock 'N Me / Steve Miller Band / Bloodstained Devils

1. Well, I heard some people talking just the other day / And they said you were gonna put me on a shelf / Well, let me tell you I’ve got some news for you / And you’ll soon find out it’s true

Already Gone / The Eagles / swooper

1. Hey, woman, you got the blues / 'Cause you ain’t got no one else to use / There’s an open road that leads nowhere / So just make some miles between here and there

Evil Woman / ELO / miss ellie

1. Bruce Berry was a working man / He used to load that Econoline van / A sparkle was in his eye / But his life was in his hands

Tonight’s The Night / Neil Young / BomberMcVeigh

1. Can’t forget his face / What a lonely place / Has he really let us flow

Light In The Black / Rainbow / bonzo

1. It’s all right if you love me / It’s all right if you don’t / I’m not afraid of you running away / Honey, I’ve got the feeling you won’t

Breakdown / Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers / Captain Jack

1. It was late in December / The sky turned to snow / All round the day was going down slow

2. Doing all right / A little jiving on a Saturday night / And come what may / Gonna dance the day away

Drivers Seat / Sniff & The Tears / Bloodstained Devils

1. Down from the glen came the marching men / With their shields and their swords / To fight the fight they believed to be right / Overthrow the overlords

Emerald / Thin Lizzy / bonzo

1. Kneeling at the hotel reception / Violin a-sobbing on his knee / Twenty bright rozellas on his shoulder / Coin from a wealthy Ceylonese

Conversations / Cold Chisel / swooper

1. Mother doesn’t go out any more / Just sits at home and rolls her spastic eyes / But every weekend through the door / Come words of wisdom from the world outside

Sunday Papers / Joe Jackson / onlybomberinthevillage

1. The Traveling Wilburys – End of the Line

17.Sniff & The Tears - Drivers Seat

1. Life In A Northern Town - Dream Academy
  2. Drivers Seat - Sniff ‘n’ the Tears

1. Steve Miller - Rockin’ me (baby)

1. Everybody’s Got To Learn Sometime - The Korgis

2. In the previous quiz, the artist is Heart, can’t recall the album.

1. Breakdown - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

1. Honky Cat - Elton John
  2. Sunday Papers - Joe Jackson

1. You wear it well / Rod Stewart

1. Tonight’s The Night - Neil Young

1. Eagles - Already Gone
    I think 4 is a song called Living In Sin, don’t know the artist though.

1. Waterloo Sunset. Kinks

11. Eagles - Already Gone I think 4 is a song called Living In Sin, don't know the artist though.
11 is correct 4 is not the song you mentioned

1. Evil Woman - ELO

1. I’ll Find My Way Home - Jon & Vangelis

1. I Don’t Want To Go To Chelsea - Elvis Costello & the Attractions

1. Emerald- Thin Lizzy

Cracker of a song.

Still four songs to get:

1. Friends all tried to warn me / But I held my head up high / All the time they warned me / But I only passed them by (Kelly’s Heroes anyone?)

2. Can’t forget his face / What a lonely place / Has he really let us flow (Thought @bonzo would get this one)

3. It was late in December / The sky turned to snow / All round the day was going down slow (Album title track)

4. Kneeling at the hotel reception / Violin a-sobbing on his knee / Twenty bright rozellas on his shoulder / Coin from a wealthy Ceylonese (are none of you Oz music fans?)

Bit surprised no ones nailed that 19 yet.

Opening track on a classic aussie album, from “The” quintessential aussie “Pub” band, (many would say they invented the term), … the title of which escapes me now if I ever knew it, as it hails from the dreaded, left on the dash faded cassette label days.
In fact, other than the song about Steel, I could probably only name the Albums title track as one being on it, which, after it had all gone white, was just shortened to BAS in black texta written on both sides.

(*Pretty sure it was the 1st, could have been the 1st on side 2?)

Yep…
I missed that one. I’m on holiday and still regretting doing some kind of injury to Barrett when I saw him.

It’s a Dio song. I’m thinking Rainbow but I just can’t nail it right now. Leave it with me. Catching up with an old muso friend later today. Gonna run it by him also.
I hope that’s not cheating :wink: