The Music Quiz

1. The Pushbike Song, the Groop, no idea of the album
19. The Pushbike Song, the Groop, no idea of the album

Song correctā€¦

Want to take another crack at the Band?

I rekon ive got it somewhere. Most likely in my vinyl collection Iā€™m thinking.

19. The Pushbike Song, the Groop, no idea of the album

Song correctā€¦

Want to take another crack at the Band?

I could have sworn it was the Groop. Iā€™ve cheated and looked it up, but I had completely forgotten that band and would not have got it in a million years

Pushbike Song was by the Mixtures.
Album? We had it on Pop Goes Australia when I was a kid, although I donā€™t think thatā€™s the required answer here.

1. Show Me the Way to StLouis - Easybeats

13 & 14 are both Aussies, one an early rock Icon, and the other, a band that was one of our first contributors to the Prog scene.

Iā€™m a little surprised theyā€™re still untouched. Maybe this threads not getting the normal traffic due to holidays?

And 17. Is from an Iconic American Band with songs and records that span & seem to be picked up by every generation.

No 2 is also an Aus band, that quickly formed a cult following on the back of embracing & then making their own a new emerging music style, but quickly burnt out.

Reformed 20 years on in the 90ā€™s, and still now get out & about a bit.

20, Also Aussie. From one of our first international bands.

1. English rock band. A lesser known track, 2nd after an International hit single at track 1 on the Album. Released inā€™77.

1. Been Down So Long (that it looks like up to me) - The Doors, LA Woman.
    Didnā€™t see this quiz sooner as l have been in a small village without internet access for the last 4 days.
    The song borrows its title from the novel written by Richard Farina. He is a little known unground figure worth exploring for all sorts of reasons, not the least being his song-writing ability. A friend and contemporary of Dylan, he was married to Mimi Baez, Joanā€™s sister. Check out Ian Mathews versions of his songs Reno, Nevada, and Morgan The Pirate or John Kay;s version of The Bold Marauder. He died in a motorcycle accident in 1963. The novel is an underground classic, as good as anything Kerouac ever did. A major talent lost.

^^ YI <3 Blitz

1. Most People I Know Think That Iā€™m Crazy - Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs (not sure if it was an Aztecs song - definiteley Billy though!)
13 & 14 are both Aussies, one an early rock Icon, and the other, a band that was one of our first contributors to the Prog scene.

Iā€™m a little surprised theyā€™re still untouched. Maybe this threads not getting the normal traffic due to holidays?

And 17. Is from an Iconic American Band with songs and records that span & seem to be picked up by every generation.

No 2 is also an Aus band, that quickly formed a cult following on the back of embracing & then making their own a new emerging music style, but quickly burnt out.

20, Also Aussie. From one of our first international bands.

1. English rock band. A lesser known track, 2nd after an International hit single at track 1 on the Album. Released inā€™77.

Changed 16 to the hit mentioned off the Album. That one was a long shot.

Changed 14 to the opening verse. Was hard to find lyrics for that one, turns out the 1 source I could find, was a bit wrong after finding a clearer version of it to check against. Also, Melbourne band.

No 2 was/is a Sydney band.

8 is doing my head in.....

Ha ha, probably the most obscure one in it. It was not released as a single.

You wouldnā€™t know it if you didnā€™t have or havenā€™t heard the album, but if you did have it, youā€™ll definitely know it.

One I put in though, with yourself and 1 or 2 others in mind.

1971 release. Big BIG band of itā€™s day, enduring & still touring today.

Added an extra line on it.

1. Give a Little Bit - Supertramp
16. Give a Little Bit - Supertramp

Anyone remember the Album?

16. Give a Little Bit - Supertramp

Anyone remember the Album?

Even In The Quietest Moments

Iā€™m useless at answering questions. I can put together a quiz though.

13 & 14 are both Aussies, one an early rock Icon, and the other, a band that was one of our first contributors to the Prog scene. Also, Melbourne band

16. English rock band. A lesser known track, 2nd after an International hit single at track 1 on the Album. Released inā€™77.

8 is doing my head in.....

Ha ha, probably the most obscure one in it. It was not released as a single.

1971 release. Big BIG band of itā€™s day, enduring & still touring today.

Edit: Did I mention they were English ā€¦

Righto, one last clue for Numbers 8. & 14.

Both bands played at Sunbury,. The Aussie band (14) in every one of them, the other, (8) only in 75.

And No 2, well. the fans of these guys Iā€™ve seen on here donā€™t seem to be currently blitzing soā€¦ answer

I'm useless at answering questions. I can put together a quiz though.

Nike -just do it.