The Music Quiz

And just to wind this one up, … (I left it thinking for sure someone would get these 2 eventually).

1. Will this aching pass / Will this night be through / Wanna hear the breaking glass
    Bring Me Some Water / Melissa Etheridge

2. This story’s right, this story’s true / I would not tell lies to you
    Took The Children Away / Archie Roach

I'm pretty sure that one's nearly cracked, so "Let's Get together & Do It Again"

The Second time is always better … Am I Right :wink:

Starts out with a “Friendly 7”

Then 8 through 14 are All Aussie from all over the decades.

The last lot, are an Alternative Six Pack, … a bit on the harder side I suspect.

1. I care but I’m restless, I’m here but I’m really gone
    Hand In Pocket / Alanis Morissete - Wimmera1

2. Will this aching pass / Will this night be through / Wanna hear the breaking glass
    Bring Me Some Water / Melissa Etheridge

3. God I feel like hell tonight / The tears of rage I cannot fight / I’d be the last to help you understand
    Sheryl Crow / Strong Enough - simmo41

4. Goodbye to all my friends at home / Goodbye to people I’ve trusted
    Big Old Jet Airliner / Steve Miller - Swooper

5. But all that’s left is a place dark and lonely / A terraced house in a mean street back of town
    No Milk Today / Herman’s Hermits - Shelton 10

6. You always won, everytime you placed a bet / You’re still damn good, no one’s gotten to you yet
    Still the Same / Bob Seger - Miss Ellie

7. America’s a boyfriend / Untouched by flesh of hand / Stay below it Stay below
    Love Song - Simple Minds - BAAKKEERRRR

8. Green fields / Grass and earth / Broken bottles / Bricks and dirt
    Just Keep Walking / INXS - Wimmera1

9. Other girls may try to take me away (take me away) / But you know, it’s by your side I will stay I’ll stay
    Glad All Over / Dave Clark 5 & Hush - Shelton 10

10. Hey-hey, When everything goes wrong / Sometimes it makes no sense
    Hey Little Girl / Icehouse - BAAKKEERRRR

11. They were saving for a little hut, / She collected sea-shells every day.
    Leilani / Hoodoo Gurus - BAAKKEERRRR

12. People upstairs make so much noise / Drive me mad with their electricl toy’s
    Basement Flat / Midnight Oil - Mr Jez & Capt Jack

13. You know the clothes that you wear and the color in your hair / Shouldn’t change you …
    Pete Murray / So Beautiful - simmo41

14. This story’s right, this story’s true / I would not tell lies to you
    Took The Children Away / Archie Roach

15. Well he’s a fat little insect / he’s in his birthday suit
    Nick The Stripper / The Birthday Party - Mr Jez

16. Caroline laughs and it’s raining all day / She loves to be one of the girls
    Pretty in Pink / Psychedelic Furs - xhavoc

17. I am the girl you know can’t look you in the eye / I am the girl you know so sick I cannot try
    Miss World / Hole - Swooper

18. Hangin’ round downtown by myself / And I had so much time / To sit and think about myself
    Marcy Playground / Sex and Candy - simmo41

19. Mom and Dad went to a show / They dropped me off at grandpa Joe’s / I kicked and screamed
    Sliver / Nirvana - xhavoc

20. I thought I knew all it took to bother you / Every word I said was true that you’ll see
    I’ll Stick Around / Foo Fighters - simmo41

1. The Lady Don’t Mind - Talking Heads
  2. Love Over Gold - Dire Straits
  1. Heartache Tonight - Eagles
  1. Harden My Heart / Quarterflash / Swooper
  2. America / Simon & Garfunkel / Swooper
  1. You’re So Vain - Carly Simon
  2. ■■■■■ - Garbage
  3. Heartland - U2
  1. Sister Golden Hair - America - Miss Ellie

2. Harden My Heart - Quarterflash - Miss Ellie

1. The best of you - Foo Fighters
  1. The eve of destruction - Barry McGuire

Actually preferred the version by The Dickies

15. Harden My Heart / Quarterflash / Swooper 17. America / Simon & Garfunkel / Swooper

Sorry swooper just noticed you had already said Harden My Heart

1. is Pat Benatar, can’t remember the name of the song though
  1. Lawyers in Love - Jackson Browne: Captain Jack

Just that Pat Benatar one to go, then.

1. Sleeping Bag / ZZ Top / wimmera1

So only one to go and as miss ellie pointed out, it’s Pan Benatar…but what is the name of the song?

1. Never again, isn’t that what you said? / You’ve been through this before / An’ you swore this time you’d think with your head

I could guess at what it is by what I know it isn’t.
But that’s not really how the game’s played, is it.

I could guess at what it is by what I know it isn't. But that's not really how the game's played, is it.
Hit us with your best shot, Wim. Fire away.

(It’s not that one by any chance?)

I could guess at what it is by what I know it isn't. But that's not really how the game's played, is it.

I’m pretty sure it’s not.
Definitely not the first verse.

Anyway, It’s not Love Is A Battlefield, We Belong, Sex As A Weapon or All Fired Up.
I really don’t know her earlier stuff, I never got into that live album* of hers (hmmm, no-one gave that a run in the live albums thread) but plenty of my mates were into it.

So anyway, I’ll have a stab at Invincible, since there’s a couple of other songs from that era in the quiz, and I can’t remember the lyrics to it for the life of me.

*Edit: Live From Earth? Dimma was a big fan, IIRC.

Edit: Edit: Just checked. It’s not that either. So I guess it’s a pre-1983 song.

I’m pretty sure it’s not.
Definitely not the first verse.

Anyway, It’s not Love Is A Battlefield, We Belong, Sex As A Weapon or All Fired Up.
I really don’t know her earlier stuff, I never got into that live album* of hers (hmmm, no-one gave that a run in the live albums thread) but plenty of my mates were into it.

So anyway, I’ll have a stab at Invincible, since there’s a couple of other songs from that era in the quiz, and I can’t remember the lyrics to it for the life of me.

*Edit: Live From Earth? Dimma was a big fan, IIRC.

Edit: Edit: Just checked. It’s not that either. So I guess it’s a pre-1983 song.

It is a pre 1983 song…her earlier stuff was her best (imho)

It’s from her third album

wim’s got a quiz ready to go so I’ll close off the last one

1. Never again, isn’t that what you said? / You’ve been through this before / An’ you swore this time you’d think with your head

Promises In The Dark / Pat Benatar

Good luck, people.
Mostly eighties. A few nineties and sixties.

1. To be in England in the summertime (hey!) with my love.

2. You know the preacher likes the cold. California Dreaming - Mamas and Papas - Miss Ellie

3. We don’t talk about love. We only want to get drunk. A Design For Life / Manic Street Preachers / mrjez

4. And if you think us fools and you criticise, then my friend the joke’s on you. Everything I Need - Men at Work - Captain Jack

5. Incoming Taxi. Come in Yellow. Two Cabs To The Toucan - The Models - onlybomberinthevillage

6. It was worth it just to learn some sleight of hand. Float On / Modest Mouse / mrjez

7. When everything falls into place like the flick of a switch.

8. You lost the faith within your heart. The fire in your soul from the end to the start. Shellshock / New Order / mrjez

9. Wishing she could call him heartache. But it’s not a boy’s name.

10. In September, my cousin tried reefer for the very first time. Sign O The Times - Prince - BAAKKEERRRR

11. But gravity always wins. Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead - BAAKKEERRRR

12. Will you be the first one when things get me down? Will you be the first one to bring me around? Sad Song / Screaming Jets / bonzo

13. Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. The Boxer / Simon & Garfunkel / Shelton 10

14. I get sexy underneath the lights, like I want to ■■■■ every man in sight. Daddy I’m Fine / Sinaed O’Connor / BSD

15. Ain’t no smilin’ faces, lyin’ to the races.

16. And I speak to you like the chorus to the verse, chop another line like a coda with a curse. Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind - swoodley

17. Good heavens Miss Sakamoto, you’re beautiful! She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby - BAAKKEERRRR

18. So what if I dye my hair, I’ve still got a brain up there. I Want To Be Free - Toyah Wilcox - swooper

19. Forty, shaved, sexy, wants to do it all day. No Aphrodisiac / The Whitlams / swoodley

20. And now every boy in a knitted vest has got some precedent. Purple Sneakers / You Am I / BSD

1. Float On / Modest Mouse / mrjez
  1. Shellshock / New Order / mrjez