The Music Quiz

1. Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Yay! I get another go then.

1. Before The Old Man Died / Paul Kelly / wimmera1
  1. Sure Know Something - Kiss. Captain Jack.
  1. Rock and Roll Band - Boston. Captain Jack.
    as per BDS suggestion.
  1. Linger / The Cranberries / swooper
  1. Bring Me To Life / Evanescence

10… I need some sort of Shazam app for my mind. I can hear the riff either side of those lines but I’m drawing a blank on the name. This is gonna sht me all afternoon

Oh and 7 is Metallica / House That Jack Built

So…four still to go

1. I woke the other day / And saw my world has changed / The past is over but tomorrow’s wishful thinking (US punk band, this from one of their earlier albums)

2. Dead I am the one / exterminating son / Slipping through the trees / strangling the breeze (this was the one I thought would stump everyone…the artist also makes movies)

3. Look so careful / For a fault / Wait one minute / Say no more (Oz band from the 80s…this was their biggest hit)

4. can I touch you, are you out of touch / I guess I never noticed that much / geranium lover, I’m live on your wire / oo come and take me whoever you are (late 70s US alternative band who later became quite mainstream)

So...four still to go
  1. I woke the other day / And saw my world has changed / The past is over but tomorrow’s wishful thinking (US punk band, this from one of their earlier albums)

10. Dead I am the one / exterminating son / Slipping through the trees / strangling the breeze (this was the one I thought would stump everyone…the artist also makes movies)

1. Look so careful / For a fault / Wait one minute / Say no more (Oz band from the 80s…this was their biggest hit)

2. can I touch you, are you out of touch / I guess I never noticed that much / geranium lover, I’m live on your wire / oo come and take me whoever you are (late 70s US alternative band who later became quite mainstream)

OH YES

Rob Zombie / Dragula

Where’s koala when you need her?

1. Change in Mood / Kids in the Kitchen / wimmera1
Where's koala when you need her?
  1. Change in Mood / Kids in the Kitchen / wimmera1

doh!

C’mon Swoodley. More hints or put us out of our misery.

18 is (I think…) The Cars. Buggered if I can recall the song though - it’s an early one.

Sorry everyone…I sort of got sidetracked…answers for the final two songs are:

Can’t Repeat / The Offspring

1. can I touch you, are you out of touch / I guess I never noticed that much / geranium lover, I’m live on your wire / oo come and take me whoever you are (late 70s US alternative band who later became quite mainstream)

2. Dangerous Type / The Cars

New quiz…Song title and artist quiz:

1. Last time she jumped out the window / Well, she only turned and smiled / You might think she would say something / But you’d have to wait a while

The Lady Don’t Mind / Talking Heads / wimmera1

2.Well I tried to make it Sunday / But I got so damn depressed / That I set my sights on Monday / And I got myself undressed

Sister Golden Hair / America / Miss Ellie

1. The eastern world it is explodin’ / Violence flarin’, bullets loadin’ / You’re old enough to kill but not for votin’ / You don’t believe in war, what’s that gun you’re totin’

The Eve Of Destruction / Barry McGuire / McGoved

1. You walked into the party like you were walking onto a yacht / Your hat strategically dipped below one eye / Your scarf it was apricot

You’re So Vain / Carly Simon / BAAKKEERRRR

1. You walk out on the high wire / You’re a dancer on thin ice / You pay no heed to the danger / And less to advice

Love Over Gold / Dire Straits / wimmera1

1. Somebody’s gonna hurt someone / before the night is through / Somebody’s gonna come undone / There’s nothin’ we can do

Heartache Tonight / Eagles / Zimmer

1. I’ve got another confession to make / I’m your fool / Everyone’s got their chains to break / Holdin’ you

Best Of You / Foo Fighters / McGoved

1. Hey boy, take a look at me / Let me dirty up your mind / I’ll strip away your hard veneer / And see what I can find

■■■■■ / Garbage / BAAKKEERRRR

1. I can’t keep up with what’s been going on / I think my heart must just be slowing down / Among the human beings in their designer jeans / Am I the only one who hears the screams

Lawyers in Love / Jackson Browne / Captain Jack

10. Bite my tongue / And I won’t say a word against anyone / But I don’t wanna get my fingers wet / Unless it’s an accident

It’s About Time / Lemonheads / Bloodstained Devils

1. Naughty boys in nasty schools / Headmaster’s breaking all the rules / Having fun and playing fools / Smashing up the woodwork tools

Baggy Trousers / Madness / xhavok

1. You let me violate you / you let me desecrate you / You let me penetrate you / you let me complicate you

Closer / Nine Inch Nails / xhavok

1. Slip inside the eye of your mind / Don’t you know you might find / A better place to play

Don’t Look Back In Anger / Oasis / mrjez

1. Never again, isn’t that what you said? / You’ve been through this before / An’ you swore this time you’d think with your head

Promises In The Dark / Pat Benatar / nobody

1. Cryin’ on the corner / Waitin’ in the rain / I swear I’ll never / Ever wait again

Harden My Heart / Quarterflash / swooper

1. Smack, crack, bushwhacked / Tie another one to the racks, baby / Hey kids, rock and roll / Nobody tells you where to go, baby

Drive / R.E.M. / mrjez

1. Let us be lovers we’ll marry our fortunes together / I’ve got some real estate here in my bag / So we bought a pack of cigarettes and Mrs. Wagner’s pies

America / Simon & Garfunkel / swooper

1. I must leave you tonight my love, remain so faithfully / I must go off to war my dear, the kings await me / I will go so far away / I will always love you, but you knew

Save Me / The Tea Party / Bloodstained Devils

1. See the sun rise over her skin / Don’t change it / See the sun rise over her skin / Dawn changes everything

Heartland / U2 / BAAKKEERRRR

1. When it’s cold outside and you want to sleep in / Go for a pallet that’s so nice and thin / Zip it on around while it’s on the ground / Spread it out and lay it on down

Sleeping Bag / ZZ Top / wimmera1

11 Baggy Trousers - Madness
12 Closer - NIN

1. Drive / R.E.M. / mrjez
  1. Don’t Look Back In Anger / Oasis / mrjez
  1. Save Me / The Tea Party / BSD
  1. It’s About Time / Lemonheads / BSD