The named team vs the winless Crows - 2020 round 8

True. Right now, we are just 1 game off top 4 , but so are many other clubs and if we do not hold on now, we will be left to face all the really good sides in the second half of the season already behind the ledger.

2 Likes

Guys, do you realize that @carrotsalad didnā€™t post before the Dogs game? And hasnā€™t posted this week either?

Weā€™re doomed!

7 Likes

SOS @carrotsalad

4 Likes

McKernan to be the inside mid saviour To rival Cripps is certainly an original idea, iā€™ll give you that.

2 Likes

OMG!

Carrott overboard!

Abandon ship!

Every vegetable, fruit & plant based substitute for themselves!

Weā€™re doooooooooomed!

4 Likes

Finally got eaten.

5 Likes

Even with our outs, we should still win this.

Our midfield pressure has been good all season. Hopefully last weekā€™s (lack of) effort was an aberration in a season where inconsistency is the norm.

If our mids remember how to tackle (and how to forward handball) and TBC plays a passable game after a two-week rest, then we should be able to overcome our forward-line problems.

Our backline is stacked with intercept markers and, if our mids apply sufficient pressure, should be clunking all game.

If our mids turn up, we win.

2 Likes

This game is a chance for the next gen midfield to make up for last weeks effort.

If the midfield win then we will win.

I expect TBC to really throw his weight around.

I always wanted to do TBC and Phillips in alternate week or fortnight stints to keep them both fresh and hungry.

I expect the ruck benefit over last week to help our mids get the win.

2 Likes

This forum will meltdown if we lose tomorrowā€¦

If we bring the pressure, we win.
If we donā€™t, we lose.
Itā€™s that simple.

3 Likes

Learnings

I canā€™t speak for others but Iā€™ll be more surprised if we win tomorrow.

9 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be shocked at all, tell you the truth kind of expecting it

1 Like

Fixed

6 Likes

So many people gunna be genuinely sad if we win.

10 Likes

We are a box of chocolates

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to hold any response on team selection until after the game, and then will unload if we lose.

Maybe, just maybe, the club knows what it is doing.

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to argue that TBell would have done better at ground/level or around the ground. As Phillips follow up work and his athleticism streets ahead.

But in actual ruck work, as far as first use to our mids or nullifying the same to opposition the selection panel believe TBell is better. And this was proven across preseason competing against Phillips at training.

Itā€™s clear theyā€™ve decided that aspect is more important. And that we canā€™t have our undermanned midfield group already starting behind the 8 ball at centre bounces, ball ups or boundary throw ins. Phillips is being beaten at that aspect, especially the latter two as getting pushed around. And even when Phillips has been winning taps they havenā€™t been going to our mids.

Damned if we do and damned if we donā€™t with both of them.

But TBell is better at actual ruck craft.

3 Likes

Expect a lot of other ā€˜managedā€™ and apparently inexplicable team changes as we move into season overdrive with rolling 4 & 5 day breaks.

2 Likes

Agree - all clubs are struggling with either injuries or players returning home from their hub.

The season is going to be both a physical and mental battle of attrition and it may well come to down to the last club standing.

The premier may not end up being be the ā€œbest teamā€ but may be the ā€œbest clubā€ at weathering the physical and mental toll of this unique season perhaps a touch of luck along the way.

3 Likes