The named team vs the winless Crows - 2020 round 8

While it wouldn’t be my preferred scenario I wouldn’t be overly concerned if McKernan was the sole player of key position height and was always a target down forward.

The problem is McKernan isn’t played as a key forward like Walker, or Lynch, Kennedy, Hipwood, the Kings, Hawkins or any other teams key forward.

He is a relief ruckman. With Bellchambers only playing around 70% game time this year that means McKernan is a ruckman for 30%, with another 20% on the bench meaning he’s only a forward for half the game.

The other half we’re relying on Laverde, Townsend and Langford as marking options.

I’m an optimist by nature but I’m concerned that not only will we lose today but with their home crowd behind them we may get smashed.

Adelaide were right in the game last week against St Kilda until half way through the last quarter and looked a real chance.

I did notice that both Stewart and Clarke were travelling emergencies, I can only hope Stewart is a late replacement for one of the smalls.

4 Likes

No Blitzer jumping the gun to start a game day thread or even a match thread 2 hours from the bounce.
Fear, foreboding, or disengagement?

2 Likes

So the coaches reveal the reality of their selection risks.

When you put it like that the decision not to play a second tall all year really is infuriating. We got away with it while stringer was up and about but it’s been pretty galling the last few weeks. We should have smashed North.

1 Like

Has anyone started a match day thread yet?

1 Like

Was about to ask, keen!

Nah it is more that I often cannot see new posts for some bizarre reason. I must have done something weird once and have to search for them. I don’t know how to fix that.

To the contrary, a win today will be a worthy outcome given Adelaide pushed the Saints all the way last week, and Port getting rolled last night. Also playing in Adelaide in front of their supporters will be huge for the Crows.
A win today will definitely not be papering over the cracks.
If we win, it will be meritorious.

2 Likes

Easily

We could have taken that game off then through their missed opportunities. They were gifting that game to us and teasing we didn’t ■■■■■■ it

DKP would say it’s papering the cracks. We could win the flag and somehow it would still be papering over the cracks. I bet he was negative in 2000.

2 Likes

Further to this, it appears that all new topics are set to muted for me so I have to search for new topics. Really strange and I have no idea how to change that.

I was bored in 2000.
Winning was too easy.
It was why Mr Smith had to introduce the Matrix.

Shouldn’t there be a match day thread? Or are we going to concede 1.5hrs out.

I was very dark we lost to the Dogs

Grrrr those damn dogs again

So port got rolled in a 29 point loss, while adelaide pushed the saints all the way in a 23 point loss? A 23 point margin, notably, is also more than we’ve won any game by so far this year.

There wasn’t even a proper review thread after the dogs loss. Essington is slowly eroding the passion of blitz

1 Like

What a absolute cracker of a day in the Republic of Marshall. A bit of cloud cover coming over this arvo but won’t get much better conditions for football than this

1 Like

Any idea how many bomber fans will be there today? Hoping at least 2k

I’m going with zero