The named team vs the winless Crows - 2020 round 8

Played a very large part, I don’t rate English that highly and he was BoG by a country mile. As I said above, goldie also gave him a bath.

My biggest problem with this is that players like zaka, tippa, Fantasia and a few others are untouchable when in horrific form (not saying that’s the case right now)

2 Likes

Novel idea for some.

You’re really fixated on this aren’t you?

It helps pass the time.

6 Likes

6 defenders on the field and one on the bench. The past few weeks, that 7th defender used to help with rotations in the backline has been Raz.

My point is that we bring in another defender, it would free up Raz to play forward again (in an area of the ground where we clearly do have problems).

I reckon if you let your direct opposition score 204 Supercoach points then you deserve to have O against your name.

6 Likes

he does, daniel always tears us a new one when we play the dogs.

Welcome back BELLCHAMBERS! :bell: :bell: :bell:

Get a faaaaarkin dog up ya BLITZ!! :dog: :dog: :dog:

9 Likes

I’m not a Bellchambers fan but philips tap work was abysmal last week.

He actually won the hit out count but when he did win the taps they were so misdirected.

His disposal was poor all night and English did what he wanted all night

2 Likes

Lol Philips is trash. I wouldn’t have dropped him (Bellchambers just can’t move) - but really? Getting worked up about us dropping a 28 year old who has been OBLITERATED two weeks running is pretty cooked.

The forward line thing… yeah I think its a mistake. I think if Fantasia is genuinely playing forward then we just don’t need Cahill in the team - and he looked a mile off it. That said, I went full BBlitz about Ham being retained in the team vs the Pies and he played pretty well.

Also pretty funny how many people are potting Hibberd after calling for him to get a game for a month. For all the talk of favourites (gee that “where’s the photos” bit never gets old) the coaches have backed several developing players (Ham, Hibberd, Cahill) probably more than they have earned. Whilst many Blitzers seem to think that Jimmy “I kicked 3 goals a few years ago” Stewart is suddenly the answer to our forward line woes.

12 Likes

He’s got one thing going for him.
Defensive effort.
And that one thing was conspicuously absent.

One minus one equals…

Bellcho’s a lazy bugger, but he has strength and he has some actual talent.

1 Like

GC applying proper pressure to the dogs and should be leading by 3-4 goals at half time.

English quiet too.

I reckon raz will play forward, drop Cahill and Gleeson comes in to play defence.

Francis replaces hooker.

And the ruck change.

That will be it.

Last chance smack.

And cutler for hibberd.

Hibberd has to go!

4 Likes

Great post.

As I see our list.

Once we get past about name 25 or 26 on the list, they’ve all got issues. Too light, poxy skills, completely unproven etc.

And we’ve been dipping that low since round 1, and we’re now dipping into name 30+.

The coaches will be shuffling deckchairs, but that’s all.
I don’t think it’s realistic to expect swapping Bellcho for Phillips (or Hibberd/Cutler or Townsend/Stewart etc) to change the course of a season.
It may snag us a win or two. It any one of them was legit good, they’d have been in already.

4 Likes

Daniher and Stringer are the answer. But they’re unavailable. Hooker is out as well. Clearly we need another key forward target, so either Stewart gets his chance or… what? Two rucks?

Genuinely curious to know what you think our forward set up should be, given the players we currently have available.

1 Like

Agreed.

Need Stewart as another tall option. Not expecting him to kick a bag of goals but will help McKernan out. And at points with the two tall forwards, the small forwards will have an opportunity to crumb the ball.

Better option than kicking the ball long to Tippa.

2 Likes

Let’s not forget this will be our first proper dry footy match since Sydney game. Been wet and very dewy since.

Interested to see how we go

Aw come on, Adelaide’s not that bad.

2 Likes

We have 2 major issues;

1 Key senior players are out / injured (Hepps, Stringer, Daniher, Hooker, Shiel, Ambrose)

2 Key senior players remaining are out of form ( Merrett, Fantasia, AMT, Smith, Zaharakis, Bellchambers)

5 Likes