The offical NATRAT who should be the Sub thread

Can we sub out Gil and all his friends?

11 Likes

Yep, its a dumb rule that will be another open to the abuse of coaches.

Other suggestions:

Mark Jamar (who actually Will play sometimes if we get a ‘concussion’)
Anyone whose career finished just short of a milestone…my nomination would be Terry Daniher and we get him to run through a Congratulations on 300 Games banner in round 6.

10 Likes

I read this and thought it was my post. Great choices.

1 Like

Happy to be corrected, but this is different to the sub-rule last time isn’t it? Last time clubs could just throw the sub on whenever they liked? Doesn’t look like that is the case with this medical criteria?

Does this mess up everyone’s supercoach selections?

Not to mention clubs/ club doctors will be faking injuries to players to exploit match ups & create advantages. Nothing surer.

Reduced: list sizes.
Increased: number of players per match

:exploding_head:

5 Likes

Yes you’re correct.

But given teams tend to cop at least one injury a week, it will pretty much work the same in practice I reckon. Especially now that the player subbed off with the injury isn’t ruled out for the following match.

1 Like

Is this another case of the Gil-FL introducing another controversial new (but also old) rule that has been rushed in without many, if any, safeguards to prevent exploitation from clubs for “the sake of player wellbeing” that will allow channel 7 to dust off a new superfluous graphic whilst also allowing their guffawing commentators to endlessly speculate if/when a player will/should be ‘unleashed’ into the game and thus creating a new spectacle to hold the attention of normies?

On a serious note, this will encourage team to allow players to go into games carrying an injury knowing that if it flares up they can simply sub them out.

And if players that are subbed out can play the following week, then the AFL is turning a good rule change regarding concussions and ruining it “just coz”.

Also, if a player is subbed off from the concussion protocol due to the illegal action of an opposing player and is then forced to sit our for 12 days then, if found guilty of intentional or negligent contact, shouldn’t the opposing player also be forced to sit out for at least 12 days?

2 Likes

out of form players will be subbed off for corkies that clubs will call “muscular awareness” but he’ll also be good to go the following week

1 Like

Player subbed out can’t play for 12 days after that. Could be exploited in grand final though.

I’d have gleeson as our sub every week.

To try stop the rorting perhaps should have had rule that if happens in last quarter can’t bring sub on. Just wear it.

I do get the concussion aspect of it. AFL would not want clubs even half considering putting players back on. Which happens.

2 Likes

Yeahhh, rightio. Nah I cannot be bothered being upset by this. Goodness me.

1 Like

I honestly hate this c*nt of a league. love the game, HATE the league.

15 Likes

I cannot believe they’re not mandating that the player subbed off can’t play the next week. That is absolutely farking mad

5 Likes

So each week when our AFL game is after our VFL game there will be two players who might not play either competition? Or one would only play a bit part in one (the sub) and the other would be the carry over emergency?

How many emergencies do we usually have for a game who get held back from VFL? I know sometimes they might play a portion of the VFL game before being sat out of the game to act as cover for the AFL game that weekend too.

They are…can’t play for 12 days

1 Like

the player subbed off cant play for 12 days

Would be the same player you would think.