The offical NATRAT who should be the Sub thread

Only from concussion. Not other injuries.

lol. Your not upset is more upset than other people’s upset.
Just because something is silly, doesn’t mean people are gnashing their teeth over it.

1 Like

What if a player gets injured in the wamup? Just have 4 players and no sub? There would have to be an additional carry over player you’d think.

"To be eligible for a medical substitution, the club doctor must decide that an injured player will be unable to play a game in the next 12 days.

Concussed players must already sit out a mandatory 12-day recovery period under new protocols introduced by the AFL for the 2021 season."

1 Like

nah, its a medical substitution

whoever comes off with whatever injury, cant play for 12 days

It is all a bit silly indeed!

Importantly, even if a player is ruled out, he will be eligible to play the following week, unless the injury is a concussion where a mandatory 12-day lay-off will still apply.

Ahh right. That’s certainly different to what old mate Sam Edwards tweeted earlier.

Good point. I’m sure there would be a call to a player in the stands to suit up!

im just going off what is on the AFL website which is what @sugo quoted

but hey, conflicting reports? this is the AFL

3 Likes

Loophole!
You can’t play next week, unless you can!

15 Likes

I have to object to this assessment: each of those 75 rests will be 25% shorter.

I still don’t like this “insurance” idea, though. Everyone knows that on balance you lose on insurance. Unfortunately the knee-jerky AFL know that across the 189 (?) game season it will matter at least once and they’re afraid of media kickback on that isolated incident.

I guess if the AFL put out both options as being fact then they can decide what they want to do later and never have technically changed their minds!

3 Likes

I’ve waited my whole life for this…

1 Like

Ooooooo kay, … now it IS stupid.

At 12 days regardless I thought fair enough, … now it’s just the thing they STOPPED after trying already because it was being exploited,… Lol, AFaiL.

You couldn’t make this shitt up, fair dinkum.

honestly, i could not name a more amatuer professional sporting code. its laughable how bad Gil and his crony mates are.

2 Likes

The shadow behind all rule changes is gone… but he’s still influencing more rule changes.

That half-wit Bartlett. Who has destroyed AFL football.

1 Like

So what happens if we fake an injury and then sub them off, then cop a real injury? Can we then resub the sub?

“Oi, runner, go tell Zaharakis that he’s just done a hammy”.

1 Like

just extend the bench to 5 you stupid c*nts

7 Likes

Well it is recovering within 12 days, so I don’t see a problem with it.