The Overrated Thread

It’s a barbaric industry, but then again, so are circuses, zoos, etc. If it was up to me then I’d ban them all (apart from those aspects of zoos which are dedicated to conservation). But that’s probably why it’s not up to me.

3 Likes

agreed

Probably a lot.
That would never have lived without horse-racing.

I do understand what you’re saying.
I believe the horses should be treated ethically, and the more light shed on training practices the better.

We get excited on a Saturday to go and get a crappy white bread filled with cheap and nasty sausages. We like getting excited over here. Unlike you boring pretentious perthites. Can’t even drink on sundays, booo

The “but the horses would never have lived if it wasn’t for horse racing” argument is the worst argument ever.

My kids would never have lived if it wasn’t for me. That doesn’t mean I should be allowed to ship them off to the glue factory when they get a bit annoying (which is almost all of the time)

3 Likes

Yes but I don’t care, and in fact never have cared, what you think.
And yet you still insist on telling me.

1 Like

Oh look SMJ and Wim are getting into one of their fights.

1 Like

I was going to say something but then decided it wasn’t really worth it. I agree with you. But I have said what I wanted and it is time to move on to other things rather than end up arguing and getting high blood pressure over something I have no control over.

Excellent call my friend. Sometimes it’s really just not worth it!

Not gonna lie, if this was on a work day and I could get drunk I would definitely be there!

1 Like

I understand that the good people of Cirque du Soleil feed and water their performers within industry accepted guidlines.

1 Like

Those acrobats would need a lot of water. They’re very fit and stuff

1 Like

They have had 4 performers die, they blocked a new performer because he was HIV positive and they didn’t want him infecting others, and other assorted issues and complaints.

1 Like

You’re like the BB version of ‘Adam Ruins Everything’.

But in a good way.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Biggest con job ever. Conservation would be protecting their habitat and not putting them in captivity.

I think, and this might just be me, but it relates more to places that help breed endangered species and get them back into the wild, not just keep them locked up until they die. These places also try and educate and help protect the natural environment.

I get your point, but I’d be interested in seeing how much of this actually goes on, and if it’s even successful, compared to breeding to sustain the zoo populations/cashflow.

Eventually many species will only exist in zoos because we have destroyed all their habitats.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was getting at, but totally understand where THT is coming from as well. Most of it is a con and only designed to further traffic through the zoos themselves.

Although I guess if the zoos breed an endangered panda (or whatever) species that wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for the zoo’s work, then the basic af horse racing logic would suggest they could just throw the pandas in the woodchipper when it all got a bit much!